What can I do with this seat stay bridge?

Heavy duty sticker/metallic silver sleeve. Have a look on eBay for self adhesive silver sticker or similar to see what's about. I'd look to wrap it 360 degrees around it and if you want to be fancy you can create an unwrapped profile so it will match the bridge shape and be almost invisible vs. a wrap with square cut-ends...
I like that idea 💡 maybe carbon wrap to match the bars and forks…..
I may as well, it’s wearing the blue bolts I found in a drawer labelled “ don’t use anything from this drawer, you’ll look like a shell suit wearing chav “

You can get metal filler. Used it years ago on a car. A dab in the hole, sand flat when dry. Touch up.psint and it will be gone. I'm sure other options like silver solder might also work?

You can get metal filler. Used it years ago on a car. A dab in the hole, sand flat when dry. Touch up.psint and it will be gone. I'm sure other options like silver solder might also work?
I can get a Belzona kit from work to use… just need a good colour match touch up then. Great idea ishaw 👍

I had to do something even if it’s temporary. A rivnut was too large in diameter but close so I set up the Dewalt battery lathe and shaved one down. Filed the hole just to make it round which made it look less awful. Shaped the rivnut around the stay with careful hammer blows and a bolt that sort of will do for now.
It looks a lot less offensive, not great but better lol IMG_5442.jpeg IMG_5443.jpeg IMG_5444.jpeg IMG_5445.jpeg

I had to do something, the frankenhopper looked better than I expected until your eye landed on that seat stay bridge. A bit like seeing Sigourney Weaver in galaxy quest for the first time, a wow moment until you gaze upon a big old wort on the end of her chin with a couple of thick black hairs growing out of it.
Now it’s still a hot Ripley but with a small ish beauty spot. I’m kinda warming to it, it’s got character…. IMG_5454.jpeg

Back