What can I do with this seat stay bridge?

Lostcause

Retro Guru
Someone drilled a slightly off centre hole in this bridge at 90 degrees to the factory one under the bridge. I thought about a rivnut but and a pretty bolt but I’d have to drill it out larger and I’m not keen on that. There’s always a new bridge but that’s a bit extreme and would mean a full paint, decals etc so not really interested in that. Any ideas?
Just look at it, it’s not even a feckin round hole! Where do you buy drill bits capable of that kind of work? FFS!!!!No big round reflectors on a 500 g steel bracket lol IMG_5420.jpeg

Last edited:
You could fit a small stainless button-head bolt in there, even aluminium - if you didn't want a nut on the back you could silicone it within the bridge. That way it's reversible.
An alternative would be to glue a sleeve on.

Gaffa tape comes in silver too😉

Indeed the "proper" repair would be to replace the bridge, so it's either loadsamoney or tidy compromise.

It can be hard looking at other people's bodgery🙄 good luck

Heavy duty sticker/metallic silver sleeve. Have a look on eBay for self adhesive silver sticker or similar to see what's about. I'd look to wrap it 360 degrees around it and if you want to be fancy you can create an unwrapped profile so it will match the bridge shape and be almost invisible vs. a wrap with square cut-ends...

Latest posts

Back