What bike shops would you go out of your way to visit?

Bike Hoarder":2g99xru3 said:
If i had to visit a shop these days, it'd be Ralph Colman Cycles in Taunton. Nice bunch of guys, always spare you the time for a natter.

Was just going ot say the same thing, when i was growing up, that was the best bike store around in the area, very jealous of my mate who got a weeks work experience there, when we were at school

Should I just copy and paste my rant from the 'which shops suck' thread over here? Or just the part at the bitter end where I point out that local shops, modern brands, current industry offerings and pre-teen customer (no) service are inherently all the same?

:cry:

Frustrating enough to make me want one of those hideous Surly Big Dummy things! :D

i used to live in Hedge End and I used to travel to GA's(about 10 miles) coz all the other shops were staffed by nippers who didn't know there arse from there ear.Garylaced my wheels up for first single speed 9 years ago and they are still fine.Top bloke

bike treks for me, kieth always has a good eye for clothes and has so far managed to get me the last three years pearl izumi , seasme street tops :)
bert and ernie, super grover and this year the count. missed out on a few i think, im sure they have done oscar the grouch ??

and palace cycles aswell, its now my local shop and has a realy good atmospher.

Willy Bain ,Pollokshaws road Glasgow
Willy isn't a bike shop per-say he's an old school bike mechanic with loads of experience sells most add-ods mechs ,shifters ,brakes,lights that kind of thing dosen't sell complete bikes but will buy in and build, he'll give you free advice and has more tools than Nasa
Build's a top wheel by all accounts

Any body ever visit the shop i used to run in Dolgellau Mid Wales near Coed y Brenin, it was called Greenstiles then and had another branch in Machynlleth.................i used to be a customer ages ago and ended up running one of their shops, a while ago now....................back to being a customer again and riding more cos of it :D

Radar":kdadpwu1 said:
Yin to the 'shops to avoid' yang thread...

Here's mine:

Northwest Mountain Bikes in Stockport - excellent wheels
Sett Valley Cycles - Sam is a good spannerman, and will go out of his way to 'sort' stuff for you, road orientated
Bicycle Doctor - Rusholme, fantastic curry nearby and an all round top shop
Will's Wheels - Stockport, roadie shop but good deals and wheels

Good to know - I'm a Stocky Newbie on the road to MTB recovery!

Back