West Coast ride, March 9th now October 12th

Re: West Coast ride, March 9th

pants on fire- game of fitba in the morning and one in the afternoon so for that reason

Attachments

• af9853e711654c613a774d1bfeeaa01b45549c37fa543fa36c3946481006b634.jpg
    af9853e711654c613a774d1bfeeaa01b45549c37fa543fa36c3946481006b634.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 471

I wasn't in , but I'm out too ...

I had hoped I might just make this but Sundays are too busy. Gymnastics at three different locations throughout the day.

This is one to remember for a Midweek Mountains once the light nights come around.

Weathers looking ok ish, maybe a wee bit of rain for the first hour or so, should be mostly on the road anyway for that time and the trails drain well :) Depending on how adventurous we get we could maybe chuck in wee circumnavigation of Cumbrae, its on road and its flat and no far at all. We can play it by ear :)

How much of this is on tarmac, my half fat is definitely more of an off roader ?

Has got me thinking, the basic route is a lollipop shaped thing, if I changed the meeting place to West Kilbride train station then the good bits would still be there and would mean a bit more flexibility. Its also 6 and half a dozen whether we meet there or Saltcoats for folks driving. Cutting out the stick bit of the lollipop would take out about 10 cycle path miles(5 there and 5 back).

Anyone like this or objects?

Definitely more interested in less cycle path miles as I need to do 6 mile trip to Edinburgh Waverley just to get train to Falkirk for lift by ZZ then same on return.

I'll be at yours ZZ by 0835 or half an hour later if you prefer, is this OK ?

Gents, Ah'm also oot. Family day is required on Sunday, since wife and daughter will be AWOL on the Saturday. Sorry about letting you down V.

Another one bites the dust I'm afraid. Having an intermittent problem with the dashboard display on the car going out. Just one panel and so far the speedo has been ok, but It's a five hour round trip and don't want to tempt fate. Pretty random, come on with ignition and then disappears mid drive, stays off for a day then comes back on at another random point. Car booked in for Tuesday, for a check over. Hopefully just a loose connection, checked web for other incidences and suggestion is complete instrument panel may need changed. 40th birthday bike may becoming a 40th birthday new car.

Sorry Kaiser, ZZ's withdrawal takes me out of the event aswell. Life just sucks sometimes :(

Still want to ride your trails at a future date though !

Back