weighing bikes

prof farnsworth":20apl12l said:
you haven't got spreadsheet fever then..... :D

Hi my names Dave and I'm a weight weenie-aholic, I've not weighed a component for 342 days :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Stopped when a non-cycling mate caught me & pointed out I was a fat b*stard so wouldn't notice the few grams saved using alloy bolts ;)

Caramba Kid":g4ewqbqv said:
prof farnsworth":g4ewqbqv said:
you haven't got spreadsheet fever then..... :D

Hi my names Dave and I'm a weight weenie-aholic, I've not weighed a component for 342 days :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Stopped when a non-cycling mate caught me & pointed out I was a fat b*stard so wouldn't notice the few grams saved using alloy bolts ;)

dont listen to the nay-sayers, bike parts are loads cheaper than liposuction, afterall thats the only way to loose body weight isn't it? :D

:to the O.P sorry for derailing your thread, im currently using the spreadsheet method backed up with the highly inaccurate bathroom scale method, so am also interested in some decent scales.

tintin40":2tnhfq5t said:
FluffyChicken":2tnhfq5t said:
within 1/2lb I think.

:shock: that is far to much for a weight weenie. Even 100grm too much :cry: if you have it bad that is

meant more for a 'approx weight' if you happen to have a Wii Fit.

These Balanzza one's are useless as well (0.1kg it shows, so you would guess at +-0.05kg of that weight) but will be less accurate than that, they also don't give specs on their website.

I'll stick with my £1500 4dp balance for the bolts and the slightly cheaper 2dp one for anything heavier and add them all up :LOL:

Though do you think a Precisa ES12200D is overkill ?
12.2kg Capacity, 0.1g Readability (0.5g repeatability)

[may be the Precisa BJ12100G is good enough with 12.1kg Capacity, 1g Readability (1g repeatability) ]

All this talk. is getting to me :shock: it's coming back weight weenie :( please help. is their a self help group i can join a help line number :LOL: :LOL:

i broke my cheap fishing scale first time i used it on my 33lb bike . it bent the hook and the bike slammed to the ground . now the scale doesnt return to 0

makes the 23lb bike feel so flimsy im surprised it hasnt fallen apart beneath me :LOL:

tintin40":2rwttmip said:
All this talk. is getting to me :shock: it's coming back weight weenie :( please help. is their a self help group i can join a help line number :LOL: :LOL:

Yes it's called 0800-TRIMBLE

no weight weenie would have that frame ;)

FluffyChicken":3a074lxh said:
tintin40":3a074lxh said:

Yes it's called 0800-TRIMBLE

no weight weenie would have that frame ;)

Oh so true. 5lb 12oz Please forgive me :oops: but the whole bike weighs 22.6lb :D I did get it down too 21 with light weight tires. But spent more time fixing repairs :x

one of my work colleagues takes the paint off his bikes to shave weight :?
he even cut the top off the seat tube on a charge plug and then drilled a hole through the seat tube and seat pin and put an alloy bolt through to keep the pin in the frame.. shaved all of 3 grams or so. :shock:

mental.

;]

All my bikes, strangely enough, weigh nearly the same thing. I've got three EWRs, which all weigh "Heavy" and a Klein/TST/Cannondale triplet set that weighs "Not so much!" :LOL:

Just get some luggage scales from ebay. Mine are accurate to 5g (only go up to 10kg but is enough for my bikes) and were under a tenner as I remember. Shipping is from China though so pretty slow :roll:

Back