weighing bikes

Wii Fit, using the weigh you and then weigh + bike method should get you to within 1/2lb I think.
It will even do the difference for you and tell you the bike weight.

FluffyChicken":2o3lb8nc said:
within 1/2lb I think.

:shock: that is far to much for a weight weenie. Even 100grm too much :cry: if you have it bad that is

tintin40":2eo7sqcb said:
FluffyChicken":2eo7sqcb said:
within 1/2lb I think.

:shock: that is far to much for a weight weenie. Even 100grm too much :cry: if you have it bad that is

ive got it that bad.. still in denial though.

0.5lbs is a massive amount, 2.77% of my current build or the same weight as my rear mech, oh i need to get out more :D

Could never see the point of weighing each individual part & then adding up (unless you're checking existing against proposed upgrade) - just build it & weigh the complete bike on some decent anglers scales ;)

Caramba Kid":3qj87mla said:
Could never see the point of weighing each individual part & then adding up (unless you're checking existing against proposed upgrade) - just build it & weigh the complete bike on some decent anglers scales ;)

you haven't got spreadsheet fever then..... :D

..spend the time on the computer and with the scales adding it all up, then spend extra at work doing overtime to pay for that 1g saving with Ti bolts.

Of course this is way more effective at making you go faster than wasting all that time by going out riding and training... :D

hamster":3b6bo3ys said:
..spend the time on the computer and with the scales adding it all up, then spend extra at work doing overtime to pay for that 1g saving with Ti bolts.

Of course this is way more effective at making you go faster than wasting all that time by going out riding and training... :D

hamster knows the score....sadly.

The spreadsheet method saves you money, and leads to good economical design.

It's amazing how many people believe that if they buy an XTR rm they will reduce the weight of their bike by about a lb. Even though the XT they've already got weighs 250g, and an XTR would save them 30 or whatever.

And then I've heard people say that a 4lb frame 'will build into a 22lb bike', whereas a 5lb frame will only build into a 25lb bike. Naturally, stands to reason.

But I'm the one who's missing out. I expect life's so much more fun when everything's a mystery.

Anthony":m1q9cade said:
The spreadsheet method saves you money, and leads to good economical design.

Absolutely! my obsession with the spreadsheet was born out of a desire to save money on a lightweight build.

Buy a cheap set of fishing scales, take them to work and weigh the calibrated set of weights and plot a graph of the results to enable you to correct for their inaccuracy. Simples.

Back