Weekend Faffing

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Who's been up to what this weekend?

The weather has been shocking, and as I've been feeling quite tired (night feeds etc are catching up with me :roll: ) I cant face going out.

Some, I'll be doing a bit of turbo training later, but in the meantime I have been doing some serious faffing :LOL:

Tyre changes on all the GT's (thats 8 bloody wheels :shock:) and re-jigging of 2 sets of V's followed by a bit of polishing. I'm now off to play with some fresh gil_m decals ;)

You cant beat a good faff session :D

I got my two bikes out (RM Altitude (XTR) and RM Fusion (XC Comp)) out of the shed and gave them a first scrub down. The old dirt is a few years old. The grime is far older.

Figure I may need a few more parts to get them working properly, they can be ridden fine now, just shouldn't be in that state.

Choices, to just by new stuff for them or look for old stuff.

Babies, well yes same here.

Got out on Friday night for a nice off road chill out ride, weather yesterday was biblical so stayed firmly indoors with tea and a monster session on the PS3 followed by take out food and a bottle of wine with the good lady.

Today has mainly been wedding related duties (T minus 2 months and counting) and other domestic related shenanigans plus cleaning of the Klein after Friday's ride and general maintenance fettle.

All in all, not a very exciting weekend but nicely chilled :D

Chilling is great, but it leads to eating crap food and guilt :roll:

Fluffy; go for old stuff. I put some new stuff on my RTS......but a few months after I have taken it off and put period correct bits on ;)

Popped out to see some 'sleepless in the saddle' action yeasterday afternoon.. very wet and muddy, although these enduro's do look like fun. I might put together a team of pie eaters for next years MM.

Other then that I've been re-re-finishing the Kula after ruining my paint job installing a headset.. :evil: .. all but done now, I think i'll let the professionals do it next time(the headset that is)!

Been looking at / test driving cars yesterday and today. Eliminated a few - Ford, Vauxhall, BMW - but added further confusion with what is left on the short list. VW Passat Estate Highline 2.0D (beautiful to look at and a good drive) or Citroen Grand Picasso VTR+ (very practical, clever design not much else) or Volvo V50 2.0D SE (smaller but very good to drive, quirky interior).

No time for riding :cry:

friday night-chilled on pc and eurosport

sat-eurosport,pc,went to a friends tuning shop n chilled and went to a friends to play wii,also spent most the day wishing itd stop bloody raining so i could ride

sun - been playing with me classic ford in the lab,regretting not riding this morning after watching the cycling :roll: ,gonna plan an evening ride i rek for wednesdat tho

Another quiet weekend,

Saturday morning on the pc, in the afternoon adjusted the brakes and gears on the Cannondale, evening was pc and watching tv.

Sunday morning was 1.5 hour bike ride, my first ride on the Cannondale since the rebuilt, afternoon was cleaning and putting polish on bike, this evening will be on pc and ebay.

Back to work tomorrow.

faffing \faf-FING\, verb:

1. to 'faff' - to tit around, tinkering for no reason whatsoever

2. 'faffing' - causing a rucus but not actually getting anywhere

3. Somebody who talks alot about what they're going to do but never actually gets round to doing anything (also see 'supervisor/ manager)

Riding my bike :oops:

4 hours of glorious mixture of singletrack through woods, fast cinder tracks and some road miles and a pub stop 1/2 way.

Sorry - no faffing at all :D

Back