We_are_Stevo's Karma Ti Marin - Get a number here

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Original thread can be found here. A fair bit of debate on this thread regarding the frame and how (and if) it should be repaired. Worth reading.

Anyhow, details from we are Stevo's original thread

We_are_Stevo":3sd6uac0 said:
I have had, for the best part of four years, a 19" Marin Team Titanium frame hanging on various walls whilst awaiting repair.

I bought it while I was living in Cambridge with every intention of getting it repaired by one of the companies serving the air-industry that abound in the area. Due to getting carried away with my Y2K Explosif I never got around to it, it's been hanging in my shed doing nothing and most likely will continue to do so... :cry:

It has had several previous repairs around the bottom bracket which is now good. The current damage is similar to that suffered by Maksters Rock Lobster recently - except it is the weld that has broken at the driveside dropout.

I would imagine it would be an easy repair but I just know I'm never going to get around to it, therefore I'm prepared to Karma it for the price of P&P only if there is any interest?

Depending on the response I'll fetch it out and put up a couple of photo's... :?:

( bold highlights to emphasise that frame will need repairing...)

One 19" Marin Team Titanium...

P1040150.jpg

Previously repaired bottom bracket shell welds

P1040146.jpg

P1040143.jpg

Close up of clean break at drive side drop-out

P1040149.jpg

We_are_Stevo":3sd6uac0 said:
Ok - keep registering your interest... :D

I've decided I'm going to do this 'old skool' and write everyones name down on a piece of paper then get my other half to draw one out of the hat...

We're in Snowdonia next week camping so we'll do the draw on Sunday August 7th when we get back.

I'll post a photo of all the names before they go in the hat and then another of the lucky winner after the draw...

Consolation prizes for the 2nd and 3rd names out the hat! :shock:

2nd will get a good nick black 'Genuine Gel Flite' (Ti of course...),

...and 3rd will get a Ti stem that just needs the sheared pinch bolts drilling out - yes, my bad! :oops: Been intending to do that myself for about six years and never got round to it, and now I don't do Ti...

Photo's to follow, when I can focus! :LOL:

John,
I presume that if we already have a number from the original thread we don't have to re-apply :?:

I live in New Zealand, so pointless in getting a number (sorry Steve!!), but blooming heck I'm interested in...

a) Who wins
b) What they will do with it

Good luck to you all.

Don't worry everyone, all the names are written down and will go into the hat next Sunday...

In the meantime if everyone can respect the Moderators point of view we can continue to have a laugh with this... ;)

So long as I stay out of trouble that is... :LOL:

well,the frames too big for me and i would only nail it to the wall BUT the seat or stem i could use so let i 'av a number please!

Back