VTT français? French MTBs / Components / Info / Pics etc.

ibbz just put me onto this thread.
I'm back on the forum after a long hiatus of work and house stuff.
I live in Rotterdam, but have spent more time back in Hampshire where I grew up. I figured I needed a bike to enjoy the coast....

Days later this '93 LOOK MI90 Carbon turned up. I'll do a proper thread about it when it's finished.

For now, I'm in need of a seatpost. It's a 26.8mm which is proving harder than I thought.

I'm hoping for a ANSWER ROCKER or MAVIC DAKAR. It has a pretty complete set of Ritchey period components and would have come with an XT post. I'd like to think I would have changed this back in '93 (if I weren't 11) so am looking for something a bit more fun.

Also on the lookout for a period (black) Mavic wheels set. I'm thinking M 231 CD but will confess to not knowing much about this period of rims. Hopefully on XT, Mavic, or something interesting.

Although not French, also after some XT thumbies.

Looking forward to getting the bike back to how it should be and posting on here.

Any help would be appreciated. (thanks ibbz!)

Thanks,
Alex

look.jpg

ibbz just put me onto this thread.
I'm back on the forum after a long hiatus of work and house stuff.
I live in Rotterdam, but have spent more time back in Hampshire where I grew up. I figured I needed a bike to enjoy the coast....

Days later this '93 LOOK MI90 Carbon turned up. I'll do a proper thread about it when it's finished.

For now, I'm in need of a seatpost. It's a 26.8mm which is proving harder than I thought.

I'm hoping for a ANSWER ROCKER or MAVIC DAKAR. It has a pretty complete set of Ritchey period components and would have come with an XT post. I'd like to think I would have changed this back in '93 (if I weren't 11) so am looking for something a bit more fun.

Also on the lookout for a period (black) Mavic wheels set. I'm thinking M 231 CD but will confess to not knowing much about this period of rims. Hopefully on XT, Mavic, or something interesting.

Although not French, also after some XT thumbies.

Looking forward to getting the bike back to how it should be and posting on here.

Any help would be appreciated. (thanks ibbz!)

Thanks,
Alex

View attachment 881583

Oo that looks nice. Hope mine cleans up as nicely. Do you have Ritchey canti's on that too?

Luckily enough I do. Everything is mint also.
One of those lucky eBay find stories. My second such find, the other being an unused 2000 Cannondale.
This still has the bits out the side of the original tyres.... always a win
I'll put a full story up when it's finished. The bike has an interesting story.

Just need to get it back to period correct shifters, post, saddle, bottle cage

Thinking about to maybe changing the pedals, wheelset, tyres. Maybe a C-26 aesthetic... seems there are some similarities, just not the price.

I'm very happy with it.

Latest posts

Back