VTT français? French MTBs / Components / Info / Pics etc.

Actually, I'm about to complete some nice early plastic SRAM brakes with arch and proper levers to a group and was looking for a fancy plastic rear mech fitting style-wise and roughly period or company wise to it. The Sachs DIRT Plasma was my choice, rather than an ESP one.
Sure it's than not US stuff any longer, but I wasn't expecting that it's Made in France any longer.
Nice detail...
20230528_170709.jpg
20230528_171049.jpg

A couple of days I posted some pics of a Wolhauser MTB IMG_20221016_193513.jpg

Just stumbled across this Greg Lemond Titanium MTB, factory-equipped with MAVIC off-road components:
As explained, MAVIC components were purposely better distributed in the U.S. than on its home soil.
So besides the Greg Lemond Titanium MTB I was linking to earlier, here are the only two other bikes "factory"-equipped with MAVIC off-road components that I could find in my archives.

1°/ A Clark Kent (that I failed at identifying the model) at Interbike '91 show (bottom right photo):
VTTMag_32_novembre_91.jpg

2°/ A Lapierre Scrambler Line Taillefer (ridden by Fabrice Taillefer himself). The production version was equipped with Suntour XC Pro MicroDrive components and I'm pretty sure that the team bikes were equipped the same. This one was probably a one-time attempt:
VV_34_avril_93.jpg

Last edited:
Just stumbled across this Greg Lemond Titanium MTB, factory-equipped with MAVIC off-road components:
As explained, MAVIC components were purposely better distributed in the U.S. than on its home soil.
Looks like we even have a fellow RBer onboard: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24936
Too bad that all the image links are dead.

Couldn’t turn down this pink MBK when it turned up on eBay. It’s a bit scabby so I ended up building it to be a bit of a commuter for me.

Got to love the fluro two tone paint jobs on the MBKs 👌

IMG_3357.jpeg IMG_3359.jpeg

Back