VITUS 979 - Suntour Cyclone 7000 parts required.

Craigus Farticus

Dirt Disciple
Hi all!

I have recently purchased a VITUS 979 road bike. Please revel in its image attached. :)

The wheels are a pair of anodised Ambrosio 19s and the cassette is a six speed.

I am looking to fit Suntour Cyclone 7000 brakes, brake levers, wheel hubs and pedals to match the current mech fitted.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for these parts? Does anyone have these parts spare laying around. This Suntour kit is thin on the ground on eBay and when I do find some, it's in the US with silly import fees. :(

I've put out feelers to sellers in the US but have yet to get a response. :(

Any leads can be sent to craigcarter73@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you. :)

Attachments

• Vitus 979.jpg
    Vitus 979.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 772
I'm perplexed. My old Vitus 979 had the grub-screw/set-screw arrangement for the seatpost. This one looks like it has an integrated seatpost binder bolt, which I thought wasn't possible with aluminum lugs of this era. It looks like the seatpost binder bolt might be some other alloy that is somehow woven into the aluminum seat lug, though. Anybody know what this arrangement is?

FABIANAN":t8l6tmby said:
I'm perplexed. My old Vitus 979 had the grub-screw/set-screw arrangement for the seatpost. This one looks like it has an integrated seatpost binder bolt, which I thought wasn't possible with aluminum lugs of this era. It looks like the seatpost binder bolt might be some other alloy that is somehow woven into the aluminum seat lug, though. Anybody know what this arrangement is?

My Vitus has the grub screw lock for the seat post. :p

Craigus Farticus":3auzt285 said:
FABIANAN":3auzt285 said:

My Vitus has the grub screw lock for the seat post. :p

Mine has a 'conventional' one so is presumably older?

Latest posts

Back