A beautiful Hurtu. I posted a very similar eliptical tubed frame earlier in the thread, this also has twin tubes in 1947! This has the matching trailer. I think I may be in love. Translation below.

I went out to buy a wheel and came back with a whole bike.

I don't know if it's the original paint as there are no threads and many parts have been painted silver.
Although it's complete, I can't test it yet as the steering and gears are all blocked.

1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 1.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 2.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 3.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 4.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 5.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 6.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 7.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 8.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 9.jpeg 1947 HURTU TWIN TUBE 10.jpeg

In post#1656 showing the bike with the compound gearing, in all photos the fork appears to be installed backwards. I wonder if this is explained at all in the French newspaper article? This is a common defect here in the US on new bikes assembled at big box stores by clueless stock clerks. I was not expecting to see this at the sharp end of French cycling. Perhaps this was an inside joke by his mechanic?

Last edited:
Back