It's a drag brake for the rear caliper, it's actually fitted with a 36h Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub brake to the rear, front was a Porthor drum but can't get shoes for it😢
Have you tried having the original shoes relined? There'll be places that do vintage and veteran motorcyle drum shoes can't see why the won't be able to sort a bike drum hub out!

Over here in Germany:

C.N.C (Comptoirs National du Cycle) build and fine tuned by Ernest Czuka rando frameset. Very nice condition and a good price - if any help needed get in contact with me :)

(Not my offer! And not related to the seller)
Thank you for your kind offer and for sharing. Translation below.
Alex Singer Randonneur frame RH is 54 cm C/T with attachments. Huret Success Titanium rear derailleur, thrower and shifter. 3-speed Stronglight crank, Soubitez dynamo, Mafac Racer centre-pull brakes, CLB Professional brake levers, Frontrack and decaleur, Philippe Professionnel handlebars and Atax stem. It is a commission from Alex Singer to CNC Fletcher (Paris). The base is a CNC Fletcher frame that was further processed at Alex Singer, with Singer-typical braze-on parts and decals (I have the correspondence with Olivier Csuka from Alex Singer, who confirmed by e-mail that the frame was "Singerized" by his father Ernest Csuka). The frame has two small dents on the down tube. The decals and the paint are original. The frame is in Vienna, but can be shipped.

Reactions: Woz
Thank you for your kind offer and for sharing. Translation below.
Alex Singer Randonneur frame RH is 54 cm C/T with attachments. Huret Success Titanium rear derailleur, thrower and shifter. 3-speed Stronglight crank, Soubitez dynamo, Mafac Racer centre-pull brakes, CLB Professional brake levers, Frontrack and decaleur, Philippe Professionnel handlebars and Atax stem. It is a commission from Alex Singer to CNC Fletcher (Paris). The base is a CNC Fletcher frame that was further processed at Alex Singer, with Singer-typical braze-on parts and decals (I have the correspondence with Olivier Csuka from Alex Singer, who confirmed by e-mail that the frame was "Singerized" by his father Ernest Csuka). The frame has two small dents on the down tube. The decals and the paint are original. The frame is in Vienna, but can be shipped.
Sure :) Is it yours @Guinessisgoodforyou ?

A lot of money for a pair of brake calipers but you get a free bike, now relisted...😀 Rarely do you see Mafac Top 63 brakes come to the market, the Holy Grail of Mafac brakes..🤔
Screenshot_20220906-103728~2.png Screenshot_20220906-103800~2.png

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dijon - home to mustard and fine wine. Join the missing dots, and make a whacked out chain. 🥰 :LOL:

Latest posts

Back