Speaking of Bernard Carré bikes: late '70s "Type Competition" (per head badge); Super Vitus 971 frame.
I do not think it is a racing frame for its era due to ~43cm chainstays which would be fairly long for any racing geometry. Notice rear wheel space even with hub about as far forward as it can in the d-o's; plenty of room for fenders. I think it is a randonneur/audax frame myself. Owner believes it to be a club racer. You tell me.

View attachment 867588View attachment 867590View attachment 867589View attachment 867592View attachment 867591
Looks to be a fairly typical Clubman's bike. Quite tight but with room for mudguards, winter trainer. Not a race frame.

......Another potential randonneur bargain here....

.....interesting issue with the brake cable exit on the top tube but at that price it's got to be worth it just for the parts?, and they post!....

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
......Another potential randonneur bargain here....

.....interesting issue with the brake cable exit on the top tube but at that price it's got to be worth it just for the parts?, and they post!....
Great bike, seller not so much. I'd never deal with him again even if I was desperate for whatever he was selling.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back