V Brakes

Well it is the first port of call , if you were sold them as usable and working, but if you get stuck.. give me a shout... ;)

It's not broken, my brother in law has these brakes & the square thing tightens & does the spring tension. I'd never seen it before, but once I'd figured it out it worked well & seemed more flexible than the normal screw to alter the tension

Ah ! in that case then, it will be a matter of tightening the brake onto the arm using the bolt... and using a flat spanner to adjust the tension ..

sorry for any confusion, but it looked like the rear part of the spring had broken.. :?

Sithlord":3n7a5l04 said:
Ah ! in that case then, it will be a matter of tightening the brake onto the arm using the bolt... and using a flat spanner to adjust the tension ..

sorry for any confusion, but it looked like the rear part of the spring had broken.. :?

Yes, that's exactly how I did it. It can give you a wide range of adjustment. His wheel is miles off centre on the axle, yet the brakes set up at a wacky angle & work fine.

These seem to work similarly to my Crystal Design Vs except that the spring on mine is at the front of the brake away from the frame.

Back