User BROMPTON

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hopefully Mr Brompton himself can clear this up ASAP.

However it would seem a few people are getting a little concerned about the transactions they completed with him.

If you are one of these users please post up here. Before doing so please read the guidance set out here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697 . Once again people have been (possibly) caught out using Paypal Gift with an unknown user, despite clear advise to the contrary in the guidance.

IF YOU AREN'T INVOLVED DO NOT COMMENT

Items: Syncros 27.2mm x 425mm seatpost & Kona Control Center headset.
Price paid: £35 + fees.
Method of payment: Paypal, with fees.

XTR M900 Cassette with lockring paid ( stupidly ) with PP as gift.

Sent to:
josesh coxx
Email:
moon_antartica@hotmail.co.uk
Amount sent:
-£35.00 GBP
Fee amount:
£0.00 GBP
Net amount:
-£35.00 GBP

Date:
13 Jun 2010
Time:
08:40:28 BST
Completed

Far too trusting me.

Sigh.

K

Rock Shox Judy SL's here. Paid £65 as a paypal gift ( :oops: ) and got nothing so far. Paid on 12th of June, received a pm on the same day, about an hour afterwards to say "ill post these out mon/tues" which would have been the 15th or 16th. I've pmed him once, which is still in my outbox, and emailed him 3 times with no response.

I bought the XTR M950 V -Bakes.
£40 and I paid by Paypal gift, I don't even know why I did that as he never asked in the PM for gift (doh!)
Paid to moon_antartica@hotmail.co.uk (Josesh Coxx)

The last I heard from him was a PM on Tuesday June 15 at 3:32 pm confirming his Paypal details.
I sent one back 5 minutes later confirming I had paid and my address which he read, follow up PMs have not been read.

Edit: I've also emailed with no response.

m952 chainset with 68/73 bb, 116mm axle. lots of boot rub, the bb is almost new, rings are good also £50

I am missing this.

hi, yes sure is chap, my paypal is moon_antartica@hotmail.co.uk

ill post these out mon/tues for you Smile

thanks
thanks nick, ill send that off mon/tues for you Wink

thanks

I think all my purchases will be made via regular paypal now taking the fees hit (which is only £3.40 per £100 + 20p). This way an INR with Paypal will be resolved in my favour unless the seller can prove delivery by way of tracking confirmation (obviously, i can tweak my expectations if I am only paying peanuts for something)

SIGH........

Given everyone so far has paid with PP and that he has made no other transactions on here things ain't looking good. If anyone does find some concertr details for him be good to know them. Alternately sure everyone would be happy enough if Brompton reappreaed and came good on his deals.

As per Crantinope's post it's well worth following the advice in the rules/guidance.

Hope front hub £12.50 pp gift. The last contact i had with him was on the 17th when i asked him if he had posted it this is the reply i got ! Hi i posted yesterday as i was running behind with things my end

I bought an xtr front mech from this guy which hasn't turned up yet ! Paid paypal gift , £12

Latest posts

Back