Unidentified silver-gray frame

gounthar

Old School Hero
So here is an unidentified 64cm frame, purchased on leboncoin (a French online platform), supposed to be fast. I haven't weighed it yet, but it doesn't weigh much.

It seems to be in "fairly recent" standards since I was able to mount a wheel with a 130mm spacing without needing to adjust anything.

Yes, it has probably been repainted with a quick brushstroke.

Yesterday, I did a mock assembly with whatever I had on hand. The wheels will be removed, they will be up for sale soon. The brifters are there temporarily. The handlebars and seatpost as well.

Contrary to what I feared, despite the frame size, I won't need "long-reach" brakes

I rob Peter to pay Paul, and there, oops, I can't manage to remove Peter's crankset.

My Park Tool tool, which works very well on square taper interfaces, is ineffective...Apparently, its successor, the https://www.parktool.com/en-int/product/universal-crank-puller-for-square-taper-and-splined-cranks-cwp-7, should do the job.
And once that is disassembled, I will need to find the right tool to remove the bottom bracket, which I have never encountered before...

Chainset is a Shimano Ultegra 6500 9 speed. Guess it came without the self extracting crank bolts? Bottom bracket is a Shimano Octalink version so the Park Tool BBT 32 will fit.

Is it italian 70mm or British 68mm thread bottom bracket?

interesting fluted top and down tube. Possibly a small French, Swiss or Belgium builder?...Maybe Italian, but don't see many dual mudguard eyelets on italian frames.

I measured with the digital caliper, but I found numbers that don't correspond to French or BSA IMG_20230429_193402.jpg IMG_20230426_140135 (1).jpg (except for the 68mm)The problem may be in the caliper itself, or in my head, who knows...I think it's in the BSA standard, but I don't have a bottom bracket in that standard available. So, I'm waiting for the next delivery to learn more.

Thanks to a very generous member of the forum, I now have new (to me) wheels for my frame! 😍
For those who are curious, these wheels feature Dura-Ace 7700 hubs with 36 holes (HB 7700 + FH 7700) laced onto MAVIC Reflex rims, paired with Vittoria tubular tires.
Interestingly, the rims look different from what you can see in the picture. They have more of a black-greyish chrome appearance, rather than blue as it looks just below the text. 🤷‍♂️

I already have a set of 7700 hubs on another bike, and I adore the subtle, low-level sound that the rear hub produces. However, this particular rear hub doesn't make any sound at all. 🤤

1684943214494.png

Latest posts

Back