Unicrown fork for a Funk - SORTED

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
I’m never going to get a pair of fat forks and even if I did my frame pre-dates them by several years, so what are your suggestions as alternatives? Originally my bike can with a pair of steel forks but in a moment of madness I chucked them :facepalm: .

Attachments

• 2215342060_bdd2631660_o.jpg
    2215342060_bdd2631660_o.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 1,015
Re:

Here is a pic of a Tange Big Fork that I had on one of my pevious bikes.
It is fat enough to hang out with the frame.

Still have it if you want it though you could probably find one closer (Im in the US)

Lid

Attachments

• big_fork.jpg
    big_fork.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 989
Re: Unicrown fork for a Funk

ishaw":rijqewjm said:
What's the steerer diameter needed?
It's an 1" ¼ and I'll need a steerer length of >160mm (not sure what headset I'm going to use yet).
Lid":rijqewjm said:
Here is a pic of a Tange Big Fork that I had on one of my pevious bikes.
It is fat enough to hang out with the frame.

Still have it if you want it though you could probably find one closer (Im in the US)

Lid
That looks good :cool: . I found a Tange fork a couple of weeks ago in Poland but the steerer was too short and I don't think it was the "big" version.

Re:

Cannondale Pepperoni's would look good. I believe I have a pair, painted black in 1 1/4" I think the steerer tube length is ~ 5-6"

Re:

I'm on the lookout for rigid 1 1/4" fork for not much money - they don't come up often! I have a standing search on eBay and am still waiting. I'm in no hurry as that frame's quite far down the list. But if someone's offering and you've got the dosh I'd say take it while it's there!

Re: Unicrown fork for a Funk

yeah the same happened with mine, couldnt find an appropriate rigid fork so eventually went for a great condition Manitou 1 and then managed to find some ti Funk suspension forks, paid quite a bit for them but if you see these things they dont come up often an you have to grab them when they appear.

Re:

What do you think? Lid's old Tange Big Fork in Viper green and Funk decals...

Attachments

• Tange Big Fork_2.jpg
    Tange Big Fork_2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 861
  • Tange Big Fork_1.jpg
    Tange Big Fork_1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 861
Back