TVT carbon Kevlar

conasata2

Dirt Disciple
I'm putting an 85/86 TVT together. It's the carbon Kevlar type with matching forks. I have an early dura ace groupset and a shimano 600 groupset. Which would be correct? Also any info on these frames would be appreciated. I don't seem to be able to post a picture as the file is too big!

Re:

My understanding is that this vintage TVT (LaVie Claire era) was Campy (assuming you want to be period correct). I do not know about other teams that ran this frame.

The later ('89) ADR TVT bikes ran Mavic, then in 90, Z went back to Campy.

My thought has always been if it is a rider rather than wall art, go with what group works best for you on the road.

Re:

That looks like a later TVT you have there. As I recall, the coloured TVTs were only available to the public from 1988 onwards, Pedro Delgado being the first rider to use one in the '88 TdF. The plain silver TVT used by La Vie Claire was only seen in the team itself in 1986 and not sold to the public, as I remember. The black carbon TVT was available from 1987 and used by La Vie Claire that year onwards.

http://anciensveloslyonnais.weebly.com/ ... roues.html

To answer your question, Campagnolo C Record was used on the 1986 La Vie Claire (painted silver with Vitus forks) and Shimano Dura Ace from 1987 onwards.

It's really up to yourself what bike you're trying to replicate. You could just build up your own TVT, but use either C Record or Dura Ace. A frame like that deserves nothing less.

:cool:

Re:

Thanks for the info. Thing is my frame isn't the black carbon! It's a green: blue tinge with the Kevlar weave showing through. I'm thinking it's an early model but really don't know. It had tvt stampeded on the stays and drop outs.

Re:

Ok... I'm still having trouble with better pictures. The green/ blue colour isn't like baurs bike( that's painted) . Mine is clear coated over the carbon/ Kevlar.
Anyway numbers on the b/b are... 54 which i presume is size and then there is TVT 080286088
Any ideas?

Well if the serial format matches mine, yours is 08-02-86 - 8 Feb 1986. But I'm just making an educated guess and that date does seem old. The other number on mine is TVT58I, which is 58cm, Italian thread.

PS you can upload big images to Imgur, no account required, and link here.

Back