Tubed V Tubeless

Re:

I've been standing on the side lines on several forums listening to the pros & cons of
tubeless and for what I gather there's a 50/50 split between the tubeless user's, would
they make the change to tubeless all over again or will they continue on tubeless and of
course there's the other school of thought, the best thing I ever did etc.

Re:

This made me smile : Tubeless instruction included in a pair of tubeless ready Schwalbe tyres.

In case of a puncture when out and about. Use the spare inner tube (Wipe out the tyre sealant. Remove the tubeless valve).

Re:

i run both, but for me it's tubeless all the way :cool:

10 years now with no ripped sidewalls, no punctures, no burping, etc.

literally fit and forget!

the first tubeless tyres i bought, Panaracer Fire XC Pro's, sealed first time with no sealant and didn't lose pressure on Mavic 819s.

my more modern DT wheels and Schwalbe tyres however do need sealant and leak pressure slowly over weeks.

FWIW, i reckon the proper Mavic UST tubeless rims are by far and away the best if you want to run a tubeless set-up

i'm not a lightweight rider either @ 15 stone ;)

Re: Re:

RobMac":2xf8ceng said:
This made me smile : Tubeless instruction included in a pair of tubeless ready Schwalbe tyres.

In case of a puncture when out and about. Use the spare inner tube (Wipe out the tyre sealant. Remove the tubeless valve).
not really an issue as anything that will puncture a properly installed tubeless tyre needs to pretty much destroy it. So you'd be just as knackered on tubed anyway.

RobMac":3uknu66g said:
for what I gather there's a 50/50 split between the tubeless user's
is more like 90:10 than 50:50.
And from the few of the 10% I've dealt with, it's usually been down to ham fisted installation or cheaping out.

RobMac":qralm1hn said:

:LOL: :LOL: class. Even they know which is best.

mattr":lwip97ce said:
RobMac":lwip97ce said:
for what I gather there's a 50/50 split between the tubeless user's
is more like 90:10 than 50:50.
And from the few of the 10% I've dealt with, it's usually been down to ham fisted installation or cheaping out.

No, I'd say its not as much as that. But I do agree with your installation comment.

Latest posts

Back