Tour of Britain

Concept_3":2olwdv10 said:
I am doing a 120 mile round trip from home to help marshalling In Bury St Edmonds, then going upto watch the finish in Sandringham.

I must be mad!
On the plus side i will get to watch Cavendish win.

And after inflicting Mr. Blobby and Crinkley Bottom upon us, who wouldn't want to lend a hand in such a joyous occasion for the world of telly? Erm, sorry....thought you said "help bury Noel Edmonds". ;)

David

it was very good today. Watched at the top of Cheddar Gorge, then dropped down into Wells and watched them around a corner not far from the cathedral, and then down to just after the finish line . Great day, great atmosphere. This race could get a lot more important on the UCI calendar with support like it's getting.......

David B":1ouwkj52 said:
Concept_3":1ouwkj52 said:
I am doing a 120 mile round trip from home to help marshalling In Bury St Edmonds, then going upto watch the finish in Sandringham.

I must be mad!
On the plus side i will get to watch Cavendish win.

And after inflicting Mr. Blobby and Crinkley Bottom upon us, who wouldn't want to lend a hand in such a joyous occasion for the world of telly? Erm, sorry....thought you said "help bury Noel Edmonds". ;)

David

I am up for helping with that too...

David B":3e1b8ud7 said:
David
Us people of Lancaster and Morecambe would love to bury Noel Edmonds. He will never be forgiven for the huge amount of money he fleeced us for.
If you don't know what I am talking about google "Blobbygate".

Ian.

Watched the stage through Wymondham today taken plenty of photos which I will post later.

Finally got round to uploading my pics from the Tour Of Britain in Wymondham and the link is below.

http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 ... Wymondham/

When I was looking through the photo's I found this and was wondering whether I have inadvertently taken a photo of Mark Cavendish or is this a different HTC rider.

DSC01916.jpg

I'd forgotten it was on today and saw the last minute of the highlights into wells, looks like there were plenty of crashes? Any videos?

I missed it going through stoke too, at one point it was 10mins from my house and was meant to go past at 1ish, I read 13:00 and thought oh great, it's not going past till 3'o clock! Rookie! :shock:

When I see the two sprint finishes won by Lars Boom I think he can credit that for a large part on his cyclocross experience, the finish line being nearly immediately after a tight corner. Riders with superiour cornering skills have an advantage here.

Two things I've taken away from last week's ToB coverage;

1) Cheddar Gorge looked seriously impressive. Must get round to visiting it some time soon, whether by bike or not.

2) Jonathan Tiernan Locke was in cracking form. Surely destined for bigger and better things within a Sky-sized operation in the next couple of years?

David

Latest posts

Back