Tottenham riots

So how do we desolve this class divide Mr Silverclaws? Take more money from people who get up in the morning and go to work 7 days a week and give it to the lazy bastards that sit about watching TV all day moaning at their lot?

The problems we see in our cities at the moment are caused by the idle who expect everything for nothing. I'm not seeing any hard working middle class people throwing stones mate. Why should society strive to help these people when they are hell bent on destroying that society? Why should hardworking law abiding citizens constantly be expected to prop this underclass up?

SJ

A murder enquiry has been launched in Birmingham following the deaths of three people in a car crash. Whilst not confirmed to be part of the rioting it happened in the early hours of the morning in an area affected by it.

Will this be catalyst to bring it all to a halt, or will it incite more?

On a related note, has anybody been looting? I need a new phone...

azaro":3vqtybha said:
Police force now called police service. Says it all really and is indicative of how we've let ineffectual liberals take over. Got many friends in the "force" and they are so frustrated. Politicians deliberate over effective measures such as rubber bullets whilst the police have to stand there subjected to bricks, bottles, metal bars and petrol bombs. We are letting them down in a big way.

Agree. Look at other countries and how this shit is treated. We are to soft.

Dr S":39btpp9x said:
So how do we desolve this class divide Mr Silverclaws? Take more money from people who get up in the morning and go to work 7 days a week and give it to the lazy bastards that sit about watching TV all day moaning at their lot?

Whether it works or not, or is even the reason or not, the hard working people's pocket will continuously be raped on a regular basis, as it is a symptom of capitalism that there cannot be full employment, so this government, any government mouthing that they are going to create jobs, is the opposite of what they are supporting, take from that what you wish, as face it, we are a conservative country despite who is in power. What comes first, business or people, as there is no point allowing those who must work to multiply if there is not the work for them, yet we have an increasing population.

The problems we see in our cities at the moment are caused by the idle who expect everything for nothing. I'm not seeing any hard working middle class people throwing stones mate. Why should society strive to help these people when they are hell bent on destroying that society? Why should hardworking law abiding citizens constantly be expected to prop this underclass up?

SJ

Nope, we are not seeing hard working middle class throwing stones mate, nor are we seeing hard working working class throwing stones or for that matter the more mature underclass as you call it, yet it has been reported that university graduates are amongst the protestors and armed forces recruits waiting for their call up day. The common factor in this is youth, the young are the ones kicking off, not the older, so the question has to be asked why as there is no use sticking a plaster on a symptom if it is not going to cure the ailment, that symptom will simply fester until another day.

Instead of assuming as usual or listening to those affected through cloth ears, the politicians have to engage those affected and ask them what their problem is, ( as that, is their job ), to have any hope of making life better for all of us, yet they don't, or could it be they do, but can't do anything about it, because the large society we have created cannot be sustained ?

But in all this hullabloo that keeps the media rolling, one has to look at the bigger picture, and of that picture where are we going; What we are seeing is symptomatic of a failing societal structure, a structure the traditional conservatism is ill equipped to deal with, as the old methods of putting the rioting populace in their places cannot be used because we now have the world stage as an eager audience. What use interferring in other countries under the banner of helping the people against totlitarian regimes if it will be seen people in our country are unhappy too, the ruse will be uncovered and the raiders kicked out.

As to what can be done, well nothing, it has perhaps gone too far, now we must ride the storm and see what is left when the storm is blown out, as lets face it, if it is the young who are the common factor in this, it is the young who will be the future of this country and if they cannot be satisfied now what will be the future of the traditional set up with a disengaged voting population. The most effective and long lasting change comes from within, perhaps Britain is changing and that change is a natural change and from chaos life springs forth, that is natural order.

I often compare this country and it's set up to a British navel man of war of old, the ships complement consists of officers, marines and crew, the crew are numerous and controlled, the marines under orders and well armed and the officers few but protected, a class system exists on a war ship and I know current thinking is everyone is important and has a job to do, but when it comes down to it the crew is controlled by inspiration, a strong captain inspires confidence, a captain that uses force to control well there have been mutinees. The question is when the rabble take over, will other countries come to it's aid, or will they stand clear ?

But of that ship, it is sinking, for the rats are leaving as perhaps it is not newsworthy as everyone likes to read about immigrants these days, the fact that there is an estimated couple of million Britons are leaving this country for other shores every year, and of those that leave, they are the educated, accomplished and wealthy. We are creating our future population, by bleeding out the intelligence and replacing it with well, we are seeing the symptoms now.

For those that understand, the writing is on the wall and has been there for a long time.

Now if Britain employs the 'Carry on as normal' as was fostered in the Blitz of WW2, the unrest might spend itself and die out, but if there is a reaction by using non police methods, I believe the horrors will escalate, as it is increasingly being seen the 'war' is against wealth and those that foster and protect it, a class war of sorts, the disaffected and disenfranchised reacting against the system, the very same thing we view of other countries via the ever vigilant media and as we know the scenes of a rioting populace as ever overestimated by the media will effect fear and demands of those in control, methinks what is behind this knows a weak commander will crumble to be replaced by another until the system itself cannot cope.

highlandsflyer":1hi0eowj said:
Without Capitalism no one would be out robbing a TV, even at the apparently low risk being taken.

No one would be placing a commodity above human life.

The so called 'nanny state' is evident in other countries that do not have our levels of policing, and no where near our levels of crime or prison populations.

Rioting and looting is evident in countries where the so called 'nanny state' is absent.

We are the unfortunate participants in a bizarre experiment between a social welfare agenda and a capitalist free market agenda.

The two do not mix well, so far at least.

The 'inefficiency' of our manufacturing industries led to them being left to crumble and fail, sending revenue abroad. Without the focus on free market capitalism we may have accounted for the impact of high unemployment and its attendant long term social and economic costs, and may have protected our industries until we could modernise them and make them viable again. We are going down a road into free market policies that would see us need to create a sub class in order to provide low cost labour in order to compete with emerging economies rather than develop our excellence to ensure our rewards are commensurate.

My sister in law is out risking her life tonight while my mother in law is very sick. Things are not as they should be in a country that has seen itself through many much bigger scrapes.

This government got in on the back of disaffection, what they are doing now is sitting on their hands while greed and self interest take over our streets. Is anyone surprised?

They are the natural party of greed and self interest, and now their mantra is being thrown back through shop windows.

The looters are scum, and there is no justification, but if we are going to stop this going on every few months at the scum's whim, we need to re focus the priorities of our society, and let those who want to improve it know we have their back whilst cutting off those who would undermine it.

I don't know why, when we are the greatest nation of inventors and engineers on the planet, we have allowed out automotive industry turn to dust.

Do we really need to revel in being so crap?

Sixteen thousand police on the streets tonight will not prevent lootings and mass events like this happening again, but with less liberal approaches to freedom of information/privacy we could make sure social networking is policed as much as any other area and it can not be used to gain advantage over the authorities in this way again.

My wife wants them to start using rubber bullets.

I would like something much more savvy to happen.

Draw them into places they can be kettled then disabled.

Swap intelligence for release, electronically tag rather than hold, allow an amnesty for return of stolen goods, set up more anonymous avenues for informants.

Box clever.

And all you Twitter Twats, get out and protect the streets you live in like the Turkish have done in Dalston, rather than w****g off on Twitter about how you are part of the solution because you are considering sweeping up some glass. Twats.

excellent post, not in 100% agreement with you but hey this is democracy.

1duck":2jn70fld said:
rosstheboss":2jn70fld said:

Sweet now i need to find two other retrobike users who want an I FONE innit.

Those things are going to be blocked and sharpish anyway...so unless you have a friend in africa or outside the EU to ship it to they are pretty much house bricks.

All their IMEI numbers will be blocked, so yeah, useless.

They are more than welcome to burn my work place down. But nothing worth looting as the pc's are 5 years out of date.

Back