For Sale Totally original raleigh activator in as it left factory condition stunning not sure of value yet of unmolested unmarked pristine bike so puttin 500.

It was and still is a very cheap nasty cynical attempt to cash in on something that was generating money.

Take the already terrible Raleigh mustang frame, add the most awful 'suspension' forks and you have instant birthday / Christmas present fodder for unsuspecting but well meaning relatives to buy.

It has no car equivalent so you can calm your heads there.

But, in the dim and distant 80's lurked it's home computer equivalent...

The Amstrad CPC464

Parents new to this home computer lark were lured in by offers and for the same price as the far superior Atari ST or Amiga 500, Alan would supply the best habitat desk, his finest colour monitor as well as the already out of date CPC

So, yes, it's an Amstrad of the cycling world.

So off to the recycling centre with it, weigh it in and be glad in the knowledge that you saved another poor unsuspecting soul from bicycling misery
No, no, please don't sugar coat your replies, give it to us straight...

My pal had one of these bitd… as kids we took off one school holiday to the local dene after flash floods. The dene had flooded when the stream burst it’s banks and you could hardly see terra firma beneath the surface as we rode through the dene on our bikes with water 3-4 inches deep…

Unbeknown to us, workmen had dug a huge human depth manhole which had filled up in the flash flood and the safety barriers had floated away…

My friend found said hole when he unwittingly disappeared from view 😂😂😂
One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen! His bike never stopped squeaking after that day!
😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Why? It’s worthy of note in the same way as a Ferguson video 2000 machine. Or a bmw isetta.

I’m sure they would rather know than waste time trying to sell/value it at an inflated price.

Now if it was A Cunningham Raleigh Alien….

500 notes??!! Holy f***! You could probably have bought 3 for that back in the day!

It’s a lovely shiny example but I think it needs a little more effort on the description, something to appeal to the baggy booted hipster type, selling the retro chic perhaps?

Back