For Sale Totally original raleigh activator in as it left factory condition stunning not sure of value yet of unmolested unmarked pristine bike so puttin 500.

It was and still is a very cheap nasty cynical attempt to cash in on something that was generating money.

Take the already terrible Raleigh mustang frame, add the most awful 'suspension' forks and you have instant birthday / Christmas present fodder for unsuspecting but well meaning relatives to buy.

It has no car equivalent so you can calm your heads there.

But, in the dim and distant 80's lurked it's home computer equivalent...

The Amstrad CPC464

Parents new to this home computer lark were lured in by offers and for the same price as the far superior Atari ST or Amiga 500, Alan would supply the best habitat desk, his finest colour monitor as well as the already out of date CPC

So, yes, it's an Amstrad of the cycling world.

So off to the recycling centre with it, weigh it in and be glad in the knowledge that you saved another poor unsuspecting soul from bicycling misery

It was and still is a very cheap nasty cynical attempt to cash in on something that was generating money.

Take the already terrible Raleigh mustang frame, add the most awful 'suspension' forks and you have instant birthday / Christmas present fodder for unsuspecting but well meaning relatives to buy.

It has no car equivalent so you can calm your heads there.

But, in the dim and distant 80's lurked it's home computer equivalent...

The Amstrad CPC464

Parents new to this home computer lark were lured in by offers and for the same price as the far superior Atari ST or Amiga 500, Alan would supply the best habitat desk, his finest colour monitor as well as the already out of date CPC

So, yes, it's an Amstrad of the cycling world.

So off to the recycling centre with it, weigh it in and be glad in the knowledge that you saved another poor unsuspecting soul from bicycling misery
Raleigh have form for this, don't they? cf Strika, Bomber, Grifter. Although arguable whether the activator was ever as desirable as some of those cash-ins (or whether they were as terrible as the activator).

Interesting to consider if anyone will get misty eyed about the Activator as some of us about these earlier Raleigh cash-ins.

2/3 of the original price; not including inflation. I can't see this gaining any value over the years, just depreciating.

Will point out it is not in "left the factory condition"; Zefal pump pegs and the Never Ready bracket have been badly added, along with a poor job putting the front reflector on - it's more like the condition rolled out of the local bike shop.

You could get a rough one of these and spend hundreds getting it to op’s bike condition !

But it’s still worthless 🤷‍♂️

Will point out it is not in "left the factory condition"; Zefal pump pegs and the Never Ready bracket have been badly added, along with a poor job putting the front reflector on - it's more like the condition rolled out of the local bike shop.
It's a real beaut, but neither unmarked or pristine. There are marks on the frame/decals and the pedals are marred. The pump and light mounts show it has been molested, if only in a minor way.Had it been a bike I liked such poetic licence would have me moving along to the next one out of sheer principle.

Clearly just saying how it is in a straightforward, business like manner is now out of unmolested unmarked pristine fashion.

i remember one of my pals having one and taking it to the BMX track and snapping off the chainstays by the BB landing a smallish table top

Back