Torque Wrench WANTED

Wylie

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, anybody have an old (spare) torque wrench they might be willing to sell on? really gonna need one now ive set my sights on doing up my old coyote ultralite. I briefly looked on the bay but got a bit confused with the diff types and thought i'd be safer asking you guys.

I'm after one too. Not trying to hijack your thread, but if anyone has any advice on a good all round bike one, I'm listening.

Ian

Be carefull here chaps. Think about what range you want on your wrench. Most likely at the lower end of a standard 3/8" sized (halfords) car wrench.
Bike torque values are usually low. Most likely a 1/4" sized one is required.

also second hand 'old' one will probably need re-calibrating which CAN be expensive.

best bet is to find a mate who is a mechanic and get them to buy one from halfords on their trade card. bout £40 for a little un.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Most mtb related stuff is measure in lb in and not lb ft..

Compared to normal garage equipment, the wrench you will need will be much smaller.

I just took the advice of my peers and tightened things sensibly by hand ;)

I have a couple of torque wrenches I use on my bikes. They are both made by Norbar (made in Banbury) and are excellent - but expect to pay about £50 for them. Worth the investment though I reckon, especially on carbon bits.

Most mtb related stuff is measure in lb in and not lb ft
So im looking for a mtb specific sort of thing from halfords or online?

Worth the investment though I reckon
Yeh, definately an investment if your a tinkerer. I will deffo be looking to get one soonish

As above.. The Norbar ones are spot on. There are some nice preset 'Bit drivers' that are calibrated to indicate when 5nm is reached, ideal if your on a budget and just want to torque up bars, controls etc. Buying 2nd hand is false economy as a potentially inaccurate wrench is useless.

Latest posts

Back