Today's Ride

Yesterday's ride. A curtailed ride due to the sole and chassis of my right cycling shoe parting company. My shoe overcleated.

Oh, and the preferred option was, again, the MT4. Like very much the way it rides, you could say I've developed a really good bond with this frame. View attachment 868603View attachment 868602View attachment 868601

...I've already got my coat...
Nice singletrack. And great build - lovely frame - friend Anthony found one …. In a hedge in Sussex. And rode it for 15 years …

fighting the downed trees, i shouldve brought gloves, i cut up my hands
100_0001.JPG
this was just not the place for the arriba and its singular rear rim brake, but god damn if that didnt make it way more fun
100_0004.JPG
100_0008.JPG
i got a video clip of one of these sections, theres a few of these big dips they put wooden paths in and theyre fast, and doubly fast on the arriba with its 42t front chainring and again, only a rear brake

Stayed local today. I resisted for a long time but my modern 29er has had a really positive impact on my riding and I’m getting out for a decent ride at least weekly. That and the Garmin, another trinket I never thought I’d want or need but it just makes sense, new routes just flow as I’m not stopping to check my phone anymore!

Man was it hot, had to stop at the pub and get a water bottle refill!

Please ignore the heathen way my riding buddy has dropped his bike drive side down!

IMG_4828.jpeg IMG_4830.jpeg IMG_4831.jpeg

I pity the fool
Does look amateur doesn’t it, he has little mechanical sympathy and wondered why I had to straighten the hanger to fix the shifting a few weeks ago.

That said the crappy bike belies his ability/fitness. We’d got to the end of about 25 miles cross country/grass tracks etc and on the road on the way back got dropped by a young roadie. The roadie pedalled by on his I’d guess £5k Specialized, socks pulled up to his knees, I had to shout hello twice to get a response out of him as he passed. My mate on his old Claud Butler let him get to the next junction then dropped him on the way home!

Back