Today's Ride

Rainy and cold...again. We should praise every drop, but some sunshine just a couple of consecutive days, come on 🌞
View attachment 739566
Amen to this. Chatting with Carn Bikes on Friday's afternoons blast, we reckon we're running a good month behind a "normal" season. It was a lovely sunny afternoon, but chilly, with a strong NE breeze taking a good 5-7 degrees off the air temperature. I'm super impressed with his new bike that he designed and made entirely by himself. It's in purple too, so what more could you ask for? It's a tad flexy but he reckons he'll get a solid season out of it before making a refined version this winter. Anyway, we had a great ride. I didn't want to go too far since I had the Penlee sportive yesterday.

L7bYW6.jpg

We got very lucky with the weather yesterday, the breeze dropped right down and whilst it was grey all the way, and shrowded in low cloud and mist for the run out of St Ives to Pendeen, they were almost perfect riding conditions (I put on and took off my jacket 4 times - it was that sort of temperature). The route is a combination of all the routes I've done at some point, plus one cut-through I've been meaning to do out of Marazion to Hayle. Now I know it, it's a great section fully avoiding the A30 and as close to the country lanes I grew up cycling back in North Hants. Full marks to the course designers who included the descent into and climb out of Sennen Cove 🤣

I don't do Strava, so this is the MMR route I just created, done in just over 3 hours so pleased with that. Got to up my game though before the Dartmoor classic when @Mangizmo creams me with his wing mirrors ;)

Jf5LbQ.jpg

Qqlm38.jpg

A lot of MAMILs on display 😘 I've still got mud on my helmet from the day before :LOL:

pn7vNL.jpg

A quick breather at hazy Sennen for a flapjack and bottle of water 👍

Been off the bike for two weeks -- the Mrs got Covid and apart from nursing duties and trying not to catch it as well, it seemed a bit selfish to take off for a ride.

As she's pretty much recovered and I appear not to have contracted it, it was time to get out again. It was sunny and bright with a freezing West wind which sucked all the warmth out of my feet, but it was great to be tooling along. Did about 30km on tarmac and gravel.

IMG_0658.jpg

Back