Today's Ride

Gotta love a Swinley ride.

Same spot as Monday, but there's something different... ;)

3jiF8b.jpg

BsHHYz.jpg

KsGsZQ.jpg

I'm ready to be flamed by the gods, but I feel like a more confident rider because of riding the 29er (Bee). I was "flying" over the rougher stuff that I was shying away from before. What this doesn't show is the puncture I got 30 seconds later 🤣

The sun was shining and the temperature was mild, so I went for a pleasant Sunday afternoon of cruising around through country lanes and agricultural landscapes in the Garden of England. The Stinson was the bike of choice again today; its springy, supple charms the perfect antidote to the rough and pot-holed lanes. Twenty-seven miles later, with the sun low in the sky and the temperature dropping, it was home sweet home after a thoroughly enjoyable, peaceful ride.

PXL_20230219_155110065.jpg
PXL_20230219_161349190.jpg

Fairly mild 12, cooler in the valleys. Slight SW breeze resulting in some welcome tailwind action to Zennor before heading up and over the moor. The stars were still out including Jupiter and Saturn which are looking particularly good. Got home just as the sun peeked out. Lots of deep inky blue, grey and sometimes indigo, with a lot of brown. Autumn is most definitely here.

ySScf1.jpg

My first morning ride since 17 October, and boy was it good to be out even though this was pretty much the view the whole way around.

mRgMFj.jpg

On top (the car park) of Carn Brea, looking towards Lands End 🤣 At least it wasn't cold, 8 degrees felt like 6 in spots, light NWN breeze. The rolling low clouds have been hanging around since Wednesday last week. I remember last year we had a good couple of weeks of this so that's a good sign that winter is beginning to leave. The lighter mornings another positive sign.

Last evening's jaunt around the hills was a windy affair. Glad I got out there before the rain overnight and this morning. Proper parky as well, all the layers and the snood were on. Still, plenty of elevation to get the blood pumping. Bee ate up the trails once again 👍

Gv9zdD.jpg

Looking forward to fitting the new extra chunky grips this weekend. ODIs are perfect for the older bikes, but I defo need something fatter for Bee. It's not like I'm holding on for dear life or anything... 🤣;)

4 degrees, wind chill to 1, NE breeze about 10mph. High cloud, a few minor breaks. So good to be out there, the roads were dead with just 1 car between HQ and Treen, and 1 between there and Madron. There was glorious red sky sunrise for about 5 minutes as I bombed down off the moors. Lovely stuff 👍

6Qlp2V.jpg

It's warm in the SW they said...well I can only hope this morning was warmer than inland 🤣 0 to 1 degree air temperature, felt like minus 3 or 4 in spots. By the time I was home I couldn't feel my toes and they started burning as the circulation came back. That said, a magic morning, absolutely stunning sun-rise and now half term is finished, super-peaceful...apart from my oooh's and aaaaah's as I tried to warm up.

Looking towards Mounts Bay on the drop down towards Sancreed and the little climb up to the beacon.

dmnXte.jpg

Back