Today's Ride

First ride since the start of January for the previously mentioned challenges. Big meeting with the consultant shortly so all good vibes for good news.

The running has helped keep the core engine (aka the legs) working, but nothing beats the all over stretch they get with a proper ride. As a result the legs have felt wonderful the past 2 days; no creaking, no stiffness.

Quick stops at St Buryan and the Thrift reservoir, with water pouring out of it even though we haven't had any heavy rain for over 2 weeks. It shows just how wet December and early January were.

Og7UVL.jpg

HNbv2q.jpg

So my wife got the green light and the chemo ceases. Low grade non-Hodgkins lymphoma never goes away but for now it's acting normal.

What better way to celebrate than the first off road ride of '23. It was ace for all the usual reasons, plus the above. Good to know the legs are still working. For sure it'll take a few months to get back to "normal" fitness but the core is still there.

sF3awd.jpg

JgoVtM.jpg

I love my new mudguard from Gretchen; Bellingham meets Bellingham 👌 The purples work really well with the yellow and grey on Bee.

Vs47Dz.jpg

5oS0DV.jpg

Took advantage of great weather to do a few miles on.....errrrr...i think it might be a gravel bike now?....but im not sure.....its just had a rebuild with m750 xt as i wasn't using it much and thought a gravely thing might be interesting.

Or is it a hybrid or a 29er........no no...im pretty sure its a trackie from 1982, just with slightly better bits! Wtb nano.....where were you guys 40 years ago when i needed you.

Anyway, its pretty good on the road and this type of thing, but not much more......

Big thumbs up for the 12o sqlab bars though....very comfortable and seem to have stopped my numb forefinger issues!

Gravel bike...😂.....those crazy kids....

20230214_143418.jpg

Back