Today's Ride

I thought it looked familiar but couldn't place it. I've driven it lots as I live in Dorset and have friends in Winchester.

I'll have to venture out that way !

I thought it looked familiar but couldn't place it. I've driven it lots as I live in Dorset and have friends in Winchester.

I'll have to venture out that way !
Its quite a nice cycle route. I personally use this cycle path each side of my journey. When the weather is better, i can ride along the itchen navigation off road back to Southampton which is a welcomed change over commuting on the road most of the year!

Nice.

One of my plans when the spring arrives is to set of from where I live in Dorset, cycle towards Fordingbridge and through the New Forest and end up (somehow) in Southampton. Camping on the way overnight.

I may pick your brain for routes.

Nice.

One of my plans when the spring arrives is to set of from where I live in Dorset, cycle towards Fordingbridge and through the New Forest and end up (somehow) in Southampton. Camping on the way overnight.

I may pick your brain for routes.
Sounds good. I've not done a multi-day trip before. I tend to grind it out for a long day instead but I would like to do a short tour. When my pipedream is built, i might also do something like that - maybe the king alfreds way over a couple of days

Cool! I used to ride a red Raleigh Clubman around the Colchester area in 1993-94.

Just a roll to the next village for church but it's a dry day so the Stinson gets an outing.
View attachment 703768
Snap! Out on my 1996 Stinson today too, although mine has few of its original parts attached at the moment. A great-riding bike.

A trip to the sea today. Sunny, but cold and windy. Still rebuilding fitness but I felt there was more mileage in the legs today than last weekend. Faster too.
PXL_20230205_130102771.jpg

PXL_20230205_130136377.jpg

Back