Today's Ride

PXL_20230106_124505958.jpg

First (longer) ride in 2023 and happy new year @all 🥂 Since I started riding with gps (most of the times taking the commuter train to station w, riding to station y and back by train again) I am trying to find a new route every weekend I go for a ride but today I realized halfway that I was here before🤷‍♂️ I couldn’t find a matching track in my folder but thanks to this thread I now know it must have been in May two years ago 📸

Today’s ride was so annoying that I didn't have a break to take any pics, but lots of riding in the past weeks:)
View attachment 541912

Today's ride was the most extreme ever.

I WALKED!
YES, I WALKED A FEW HUNDRED METERS!
AND THERE WILL BE MORE TODAY!

i hate it.

Our 2nd Daughter was born on 30th December, so prospect's of riding are looking slim this year, other than commuting where possible.

That said I've devised a plan; that when we head out somewhere, perhaps I could ride and meet the rest of the family there. Riding is, after all, vital for my wellbeing. The fresh air and exercise is a great tonic for stresses that come with 2 small kids.

Today we visited my mother-in-law, so the inaugural ride took place.

Very windy with rain showers and sunshine, but as predicted I feel a whole lot better for the exertion.

20230114_130922.jpg

Last edited:
Took advantage of the early (well, relatively early) morning cool to nip up my fave hill and bomb down again before work. The Salsa had received a new seatpost and bars so wanted to ensure everything was working OK. And as fitness had suffered quite a bit during the Aus winter and soggy spring, needed to see if legs and lungs were working OK too. Felt great to be out and working up a bit of a sweat.

IMG_0166.jpg

Another lunchtime short, sharp ride, this time to road-test a frame I've been building up: a Soma Groove, which is definitely post-1998! From what I can work out it's probably 2005 or '06. It's really nice -- double-butted Tange Prestige with both V-brake studs and disc mounts. I've built it up with eBay parts, pretty much as they came up and if they fitted: Fox fork, Crossmax wheels, Avid BB7 brakes, Race Face cranks/rings, and mix-and-match Shimano 10-speed at the back. IMG_0180.jpg

All seemed fine -- it's a hot day here, so no climbing records were broken, but was pleased that the build held up and nothing fell off!

Back