Today's Ride

Riding has been on hiatus the past 8/9 weeks. Very long story short, I needed to be close to home as my better half recovers from her low-grade non-Hodgekins lymphoma that decided to act very aggressively, resulting in 6 rounds of chemotherapy. Cycle 2 completed 5 days ago, and was as an out-patient (cycle 1 was an in-patient) which meant, I could finally put a leg over and pedal. I'd been able to squeeze in 5k runs almost every day but nothing beats the rubber meeting the road/path.

This was at Polgigga on Christmas Eve-Eve

jlqlbB.jpg

followed by yesterdays Boxing day blast, where I met 4 icy-cold showers that left me chilled to the bone, huddled on the sofa under a blanket after a hot shower back at HQ. No grumbles though, any time in the saddle is a good day!

v5pTGV.jpg

In addition to the above^^ there is a road below Mam Tor linking Castleton with Chapel-en-le-Frith.. i think it was pretty much sliding down the hillside from the moment it was constructed.. after numerous attempts to secure it.. they just gave it back to nature..

fullsizeoutput_3790.jpeg

..oh and mountain bikers :cool:
fullsizeoutput_3796.jpeg

..my then 5yr old for scale
fullsizeoutput_3794.jpeg

Great to see this thread now alive.
Awesome scenery there, @Betsy.
Yesterday it was a bit difficult in the forest, but at least i could do some mtb-ing.
20221226_130837.jpg
20221226_130902.jpg
The day before that was a hundred km run, 80% on tarmac.
20221225_134804.jpg
Today the casual Aldi run with my GF, which is around 35 kms in total. We were racing on the way back. I had some panniers loaded, and a heavier bike. She is a great fighter, and never an easy opponent. She was having a few hundred meters of advance for many kms, despite the fact i'm far more trained atm.
Her bike was this one.
20221227_111420.jpg
Mine the same like in previous posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
First calm day in 3 weeks yesterday so got a solid 35 miles in. Todays it's back to wind and rain, so for now, on top of the moors, then almost home looking to the Scilly's. I just missed capturing the plane landing at the airport.

jsVTaX.jpg

6aDZLz.jpg

RXJovm.jpg

3Ah7jU.jpg

We've had a ton of rain so goodness knows when the trails will dry out 🤣

Back