Today's Ride

I'm on my well overdue "holiday" whilst I transition firms so I've been out pretty much every day; they've all become a bit of a blur. The weather has been pretty stable, but chilly and dull with the odd spot of sunshine. That changed this morning with a very overdue warm breeze coming in, a day late for the tour that rode right through HQ yesterday. I'm still stoked I got to eyeball Tony Martin!

8mlrRn.jpg

Looking over to St Buryan

45Q39E.jpg

A day later, church as said St Buryan.

5Tp1Og.jpg

The Hot has been faultless. An early morning ride last week up at the Kenidjack rock formation. Proper haunted the locals will tell you.

DncoUx.jpg

On a great piece of single-track off the top of hills, swooping into the outskirts of Pendeen on the right there by Geevor mine.

mG98nH.jpg

Saturday gone down in "big town" the criteriums were on with the mens, ladies and later on the kids. I got there as the women were on their final circuit. Some pretty intense racing going on, this is as close I'll ever get to stepping foot on a podium.

P4H2I9.jpg

GPS467.jpg

Es9htE.jpg

Gotta love these things. Just outside Paul on the road out of Mousehole, I couldn't resist the flapjack. Best £2 I spent!

3QWMrS.jpg

Then to the race proper, with poor visibilty hampering our attempts to see over to the other side of the valley, it didn't dampen spirits.

5DxblW.jpg

Kudos to this dude who commentated across the entire stage.

3AQIPe.jpg

With an early breakaway we were spoilt with 2 opportunities to "allez allez allez!" as loud as we could.

uUgAt8.jpg

TONY!

The plan is to ride the stage tomorrow. I won't start in Penzance as I'll go back on myself - I think I'm allowed a few k's off. It's mega-lumpy but with enough opportunities to bail as a last resort. Fingers crossed it's all good.

Super ride today, not too far, only 15m, but what made it was the early low sunlight and the amazing effect of the harvest dust.

Heres a shot of one of our fantastic Suffolk diaper / flush flint work churches......oh and a bike.

Whilst im in no way religious, a ride out on a day like today, when you thought summer was lost, makes you realise there's always something to be thankful for....and often the best treats are the most simple.

Have a great day people

Attachments

• 20210907_085824.jpg
    20210907_085824.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210907_090113.jpg
    20210907_090113.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Promised daisy we'd go for a wee ride to the next village on her kona, By the time she'd got back from guitar lessons it was much darker but she loved it but hates cantis brakes, not as nice as her disc brakes on her ghost......fair point haha

Attachments

• 20210907_182847.jpg
    20210907_182847.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 4
I needed to conserve energy for some jobs at home so it was a shorter ride today: 25 miles. After a hot week, the temperature was more autumnal: pleasant but not really hot with a light breeze. I hadn't seen the view from the top of the hills near Wye for a while so I decided to head there (quite a climb) then loop through Wye itself before returning. This is not a road bike ride so I took the Stumpy. (The Ridgeback has been doing commuting duties, and doing them well, by and large, but I'm wondering if the rear derailleur hanger is a little bent: something's not quite right at that end.)

Signs of autumn:
PXL_20210912_153300130.jpg

Sheep—high, on grass:
PXL_20210912_153543682.jpg

The view I went for:
PXL_20210912_160117204.jpg

Swans—preening and chilling:
PXL_20210912_171025674.jpg

Latest posts

Back