Toad...Finished :)

Re:

hey mike, you have till may 2016 to get it done. :)
harald's show is going to be a birthday bash.
25 years for both brodie bikes and mountain and beach cycle.
there have been several new toads acquired this past year
who knows what the coming year will bring.
maybe we can have even more than last time.
trip down memory lane.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=253928&hilit=harald&start=30

Re:

hey mike, you must have gotten power back long before me- we got it around midnight last night- 36 hours! trees everywhere...

anyhow, that frame looks better than it ever has. ;o) i should think about getting spray on mine/yours. looking like a very nice build- keep the momentum til it's done, chores be damned!

yes, i have nos/original tange prestige db, o.s., concept and ultralight decals in decent supply(concept and ultralight getting very low), but they finish off a fine steed such as your toad extra-nice. i do have to save a few for my own! anyone can contact me directly or find a new ad i should put up shortly in the 'for sale' section.

yes, roy, 2016 should be a banner year for celebrating local milestones at harald's show. might be to set a goal to get 'all' my toads out for the gathering? i've recently been going through my 'parts bins' and reminding myself of what i have, and of what i need if i'm going to make my frames rollers. note to self- buy much beer!

Re: Toad

Sweet! about my size too! = Jealous. I have yet to complete a real retro build. I some my RM hammer in the spring to a kid who singlespeeded it and the Edge and hammer have sat all summer. But there is just too much maintenance on my other bikes... the riders always need something done when I find wrenching time so the projects never get stand time. Just bought a new main steed too.

Re:

Looking good. I may have missed it in your previous post what size frame is that ?

Cranky...

Just finished these up. :)

A little glossier than spec, but it was I had available.
Pretty happy with the results.

Gonna' have to lock myself away in the shed this weekend for a bit to get her finished.

IMG_0134.jpg

A bit 'flashed out'
IMG_0135.jpg

Mike

And here we have it.

IMG_0137.jpg

Yes jimbo..... I know...."Those tires???!!??"

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

Have a black Z2 Bomber that will most likely replace the Mag....just need to find a suitable 1" threaded steerer tube.

LOL....just realized that I put my beloved Frog pedals on it. And no, it wasn't to keep a "ribitty" theme...they are just my fave pedals :)

Back