Titanium Konas

I managed to get from the importers in UK (Paligap) what they thought was one of two Titanium King Kahunas, It has what one writer described as the "ugly" chainstay plates; they are really practical in thick mud, giving great clearance to the chainset. Maybe not quite retro enough for some with 10 speed XT-but it works much better than the older 9 speed on my Whyte. Was the concensus that it was made in Russia and not prototyped in Washington?

Attachments

• 23.5 pounds c.jpg
    23.5 pounds c.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 931
Here are some more detailed pictures of the bike. There is no serial number on it unfortunately. It runs on 2 sets of American Classic MTB rims and they are fitted with summer and winter tyres (all tubeless). Have not gone for the lighest build-mainly due to price, but also to keep the bike durable and comfortable. The stays do give a soft ride, which is what I wanted (compared to my 95 Kona kilauea).

Attachments

• Dropouts.jpg
    Dropouts.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 835
  • Plate Chainstays.jpg
    Plate Chainstays.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 835
  • S Stays.jpg
    S Stays.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 835
fabbed up in Russia from what i heard at the time. Fell through due to customs problems i heard initially but then i heard just recently there was a problem with the quality. Stunning machine mind and i tried to buy the 19" one that "bikeman" had on ebay. Missed it though so now hunting its older brother :roll:

Back