Titanium framed Raleigh SPD

Pmd6

Retro Newbie
Hi all.

I become the new owner of the bike below earlier this week.

I know very little about Road or this model so I'm hoping someone will be able to provide a some info.

The forks are steal. The groupset, Shimano 600 Tri Colour.

The wheels are built by Doug Read.

A name, V Barrow is stamped into the frame near the serial numbers.

I don't know if the groupset and wheels are the originals but if they are I assume the bike dates from approx 1997/8.

What are your thoughts?

As far as I recall, the frame maker's name was stamped/engraved next to the serial no. for frames which were custom-built; rather than those made up as standard framesets or complete bikes. The serial no, should start with J if it's 1998.
If you measure the bike there should probably be some differences when compared to the standard geometry if it was a custom-sized build.
The '98 RSP catalogue with the standard dimensions of the 'Titanium Road' can be found here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... alogue.pdf

Page 4 briefly outlines their 'made-to-measure' service.

Wow nice bike! Wouldn't change a thing, and that is the highest sb numbered frame I've ever seen.

I will change a few parts as the seat post and stem. The seat post as I have a titanium Campagnolo one in a the box and the stem as I find a shorter one more comfortable for sportives. I'll keep hold them so they can be passed on when the time comes.

Latest posts

Back