titanium cranks - $10 each

taffy":273wopmn said:
...but i'd want 175 mm, 110 bcd and square tapers for the bb which may preclude me :(

Same here.
Plus I'd want solid medical insurance for when the crank shears & goes through my leg.

id go for 3 sets..

worth a try i guess..

how many more guys do we need in for this? anyone counted?

:?

i'll take a set

perhaps after I have replaced my teeth, would want them fine and dandy looking before I risk breaking them again when a set of these fail on me.

Seriously tho, mark me up for 3 sets, that way I may be able to flog em on the bay to cover the cost of my new teeth :(

I'm not sure they're intended for use at all!
They're listed in the gift section and everything else they do is jewellry...

I think it's more likely a paperweight. (there's no way of telling scale from a photo like that) :(

Wow, I think everyone's minds are safely put at rest now (if the year of thread dormancy hadn't done that already).

The picture appears to be a computer generated image, I wonder if they have ever produced a set of these? Given that they do not appear to have any pedal threads and by the same logic probably do not have threads for an extractor,by the time you have factored in the price of having these threads installed the price will probably quadruple and even then shipping and duty will have to be added to the landed cost. You may even have to employ an agent to communicate the design changes with the factory as there will more than likely be a huge language barrier.After all this, has it even been tested in the field? I suspect not. Was the huge cost of onza HO forged (not cast) titanium cranks due to just manufacturing prices or exhaustive testing, scores of prototyping and to cover themselves for warranty replacements when the breakages started coming in?...I wonder.
Its a nice idea buying this way but surely buying a "safe" product from a cycle manufacturer is a better bet.
Just because its titanium doesnt mean it is any more usable than a crank made of oak or pie crust.
Of course they could be brilliant......but I doubt it.

Of course I could have read the millions of threads beforehand and realised that all of this had already been said years ago......i'll get my coat.

Back