titanium cranks - $10 each

Enid_Puceflange":2ffytc1r said:
is anybody willing to record who wants what and hold payments from members till we get to the desired amount?

we must shurely be almost half way there now huh? :D

Gc

I assume the minimum order is for 100 sets of identical cranks, not 100 sets of any length, spider BCD and BB fitting.

Either everyone will have to have the same
Or you'll need 100 takers for each different type (ISIS bb or square taper, std 5 arm , compact drive 5 arm or 4 arm etc - you could be looking at 6 or 7 popular combination's and easily a lot more)

Price wise look at doubling the dollar figure after shipping and tax/import duty

taffy":3pvxm5mg said:
Enid_Puceflange":3pvxm5mg said:
is anybody willing to record who wants what and hold payments from members till we get to the desired amount?

we must shurely be almost half way there now huh? :D

Gc

I assume the minimum order is for 100 sets of identical cranks, not 100 sets of any length, spider BCD and BB fitting.

Either everyone will have to have the same
Or you'll need 100 takers for each different type (ISIS bb or square taper, std 5 arm , compact drive 5 arm or 4 arm etc - you could be looking at 6 or 7 popular combination's and easily a lot more)

Price wise look at doubling the dollar figure after shipping and tax/import duty

Makes sense, I'd have thought 175 is most common and square taper is a safe bet all round. Four-bolt is a bit 'modern' and 110 restricts ring sizes (I like my 22t, ok? :oops:), so I'd suggest square taper with compact 94bcd is the only real option... and I'll have at least a couple of pairs with threads please! :LOL:

As suggested earlier, getting a full spec off them would be a good starting point :)

Nice find, by the way!

Really? You lot would all happily strap a set of £10 cast titanium cranks on your bikes without any worries?

Arran":2uxfxp06 said:
Russell":2uxfxp06 said:
Really? You lot would all happily strap a set of £10 cast titanium cranks on your bikes without any worries?

x3

Been thinking this for a while..

- $10 - really? Guessing this is base price for a simple cast part - no machining, threads, detailing etc.
- I expect when you start enquiring the real cosst etc will come
- Do you need to provide CAD data?
- What about QC etc?
- Will they really supply an individual on a one off basis 100 parts?

Maybe this is all fine, they are top quality, process consistent, parts tested, inspected with reports, lightweight and robust.
For $10

Russell":3k8otfjb said:

Yes, I would. But then again I'm a Non-Destructive Testing Technician and can inspect them with Penetrants, Eddy Currents, Ultrasonics and even X-Rays.

If you want pre-production samples inspecting, I can do that... don't think I can manage a batch of 100 though!

gump":3k8otfjb said:
x3

Been thinking this for a while..

- $10 - really? Guessing this is base price for a simple cast part - no machining, threads, detailing etc.
- I expect when you start enquiring the real cosst etc will come
- Do you need to provide CAD data?
- What about QC etc?
- Will they really supply an individual on a one off basis 100 parts?

Maybe this is all fine, they are top quality, process consistent, parts tested, inspected with reports, lightweight and robust.
For $10

I reckon, give it 9-12 months and these will be available off the shelf as a finished product, maybe for about $100-$150.

Maybe someone needs to send the link to Brant ... they could look nifty with an X-Lite logo ;) .

red_riviera":3a62vjtc said:
Yes, I would. But then again I'm a Non-Destructive Testing Technician and can inspect them with Penetrants, Eddy Currents, Ultrasonics and even X-Rays.

I think anyone who buys these are likely to become a Destructive Testing Technician. :?

Back