tioga disc drive

Without sounding to cheasy ..... Out on my lap at mayhem picking myself up from one of many offs Gump came though a wooded section on a charge ... The sight (yo) and sound was fecking awsome!!! :cool:

I brought one brand new in '94 to go on my Hei Hei..think it cost me around £500 at the time which even by today's standards is a LOT of money:shock:

Sound and looks were awesome and really turned heads, especially with endorsement from JT, Dave Hemming and the late, great JMC

Fullfill your dreams and track a good one down :D

Did JMC regularly ride (paid to ride) a disc wheel? Salsa year probably, certainly not Specialized...

IMHO they're at their best on 90-93 bikes, especially elevated designs... :cool:

Mr K

Yup - i bought one, and i've just retrieved it from the loft after nearly 10years !!.. i intend to try it out next weekend..

Attachments

• tioga disc with nokia slick.jpg
    tioga disc with nokia slick.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 4,551
What gets me is with them costing a tonne of cash, why do we see so many for sale with shite hubs and shite rims ?

mrkawasaki":9pykdo0g said:
Did JMC regularly ride (paid to ride) a disc wheel? Salsa year probably, certainly not Specialized...

IMHO they're at their best on 90-93 bikes, especially elevated designs... :cool:

Mr K

Okay, we're splitting hairs here...maybe he wasn't paid to use one but all I remember is him dropping into the bombhole at the malverns with the DD on and having WAY more style than anyone else.

Made me want to get one lol

re:

we had a really famous rider here in sweden, who used his wheel in the late 90's the seethru version for training and some racing.

sounded really cool, and looked the part on his worldcup bikes. The Crescent team had Tioga as a sponsor so they probarly just got them for free, and thought they were cool to ride.

I still want one...

Back