this is my great grandads bike shop

Google "picasa" has a fairly rich "basic" editing toolset that should do most of the stuff an average person would use. It's free and you can manage all your images and upload to a web album if you have a google account.

RockiMtn":27ovv8m9 said:
We_are_Stevo":27ovv8m9 said:
They were only sepia because they couldn't 'fix' black at the time...

doesn't make it a "bad" thing. ;)

Of course not, but you wouldn't deliberately give a new build on here a crappy, faded paint job just because it makes it look old, sorry, retro; why would you make a new photograph look crappy just to give it an aged look? The photographers at the time would have loved for their pictures to last for ever in B&W but the techniques weren't available until much later...

...there's just as much b*ll*cks talked about photography as there is everything else :LOL:

We_are_Stevo":3opwfder said:
RockiMtn":3opwfder said:
We_are_Stevo":3opwfder said:
They were only sepia because they couldn't 'fix' black at the time...

doesn't make it a "bad" thing. ;)

Of course not, but you wouldn't deliberately give a new build on here a crappy, faded paint job just because it makes it look old, sorry, retro; why would you make a new photograph look crappy just to give it an aged look? The photographers at the time would have loved for their pictures to last for ever in B&W but the techniques weren't available until much later...

...there's just as much b*ll*cks talked about photography as there is everything else :LOL:

i think you're using the wrong analogy in your logic. i don't see this as giving it a crappy, faded paint job. some people like the sepia look, as b&w comes across harsh depending on the image being restored. there's people who like to photograph/print in sepia. i don't see how that makes it "crappy" :roll:

it's actually an art form when people create replicas of things in the past and purposely "age" it.

Back