Things I have an irrational/unfounded dislike of...

Rampage":2lhd601l said:
It's something to do with their pointless triple triangle thing.
I've just come back after 10 years away from the sport and was surprised to see GT still bothering with it!

There are no benefits to it, just makes them unique and immediately identifiable. So I wouldnt say its completely pointless.

A bit like Pace and there box section tubing.

Rampage":qov8dogb said:
lol, why you slagging off Klein then? Seems like Irony!

But I didn't slag off your Kein. ;)
Or the fact that you had built it with spokes that weren't available until four years after the frame.

cherrybomb":3vewan3r said:
Rampage":3vewan3r said:
lol, why you slagging off Klein then? Seems like Irony!

But I didn't slag off your Kein. ;)
Or the fact that you had built it with spokes that weren't available until four years after the frame.

No, not my Kein, because I have a Klein :p
What do you mean about the spokes? Are you thinking of someone else? :)

I'm open minded enough to appreciate any type/style of bike its the elitist snobbery of some riders i cant be doing with.

Oh and spins look shit no matter what bike they are on :LOL:

I've always enjoyed being the devil's advocate, so here it goes, I really don't like Trimbles :oops:
Think they just look bulky and look even weirder with a person riding one.

And another thing GT/Specialized/C'dale etc components on another manufacturers bikes, its not right.Bontrager at a push. I've barely got over mixing countries

japan+usa=ok
japan+uk=ok
us+uk= no way
japan+italy=no way

I am learining to accept this though, begrudginly mind :LOL:

I had the same problem. Decided a few years ago to change the headset on my all campy (sorry John) Casati roadbike. Used a stronglight before, but opted for a shimano 600 (with pain in my heart).

yeah, i know what you mean i have never liked scott bikes, don't know why, just don't. :?

but i also find my opinion changes depending on the changes a company will make,

for example,

used to love kona and gt, really got pissed when they ended up in halfrauds :x , i know the exact people and reasons why aswel and even though i understand why it happened i still would never ride them again unless they were early pre halfrauds models, i had a 92 kona, loved it :D but wouldn't ever get a new one but if i saw an old one on evilblagg i would consider bidding, same with gt.

the other thing that influences my opinion is how they treat me as a shop, another example, you'll remember that felt bikes were properly launched in the uk a few years ago, nobody new who they were overhere so the reps came in to the shop cap in hand,

"would you like to take our brand on?"

yep, they look nice, good quality performance bikes, ok!
:)
we're going to concentrate on the independant bike shops for our dealer base, we don't want to go mailorder etc :D

marvelous! we'll have 30 bikes please! :p

next thing we know they were in wiggle, je james and evans, wheelies direct and terry wrights, all big mailorder or direct sales companies :( , i'm sure that was a good move for felt but it shagged the local dealer. as soon as it happened our figures with them dropped to 30% of what we were doing the previous year, we became a mailorder showroom overnight because wiggle were chucking in massive discounts etc but people didn't know what size to order so came in and sussed the size then buggered off then you'd see them on the local reliability ride with their new bike, the same one you talked to them about.

mini rant over! :D

i do like spins and spinergy wheels but it has to be the right bike etc.

also what is irrational is i love spagboll but hate lasange (is that spelt right?) they are basically the same thing but i hate the stuff!

don't like (as opposed to hate) treks, gary fishers, lemonds or kliens, not for any particular reason i think these bikes are perfectly good quality etc they just don't do it for me.

HATE apollo bikes and anything less than £150 rrp just because they are a fu**er to repair!

i do try and have more individual bikes myself though so maybe it's an aversion to mass produced bikes, but even when i buy a mass produced bike i try and get the individual model, like my clockwork 1 of 200 etc or i make them individual by respray etc.

hate "minty, campy, bonty, the wind, the rain, gordon fudging brown and his girlfriend darling"

think that about covers it, not all irrational hatreds etc but i feel better for saying it! :D

well founded dislike

I was always a Cannondale fan from early on, but started to sour on the company when they started making Super V frames with Headshocks. Ugly, ugly, ugly!
I agree with the people who don't like Scott either. Spin wheels are garbage also.

Back