For Sale TheEasyLife for sale thread - AMP Research/RockShox/White Industries

Hi EasyLife
I am restoring an AMP B3 ("british" racing green) with the F1 fork and some time correct parts as a Syncros Stem and Post, Onza Bar Ends, XT shifters and Avid Rim Brakes. However, the brake levers are currently causing an issue, since it seems that the brake bolts are not really matching the avid brake arms (i.e. the bosses are too long / the retainer spring of the brake arm is not long enough to get into one of those thiny 3 holes on the base of the brake boss). Furthermore, the F1 fork does not have any brake bosses at all and it seems that the "screw pattern" is not the standard one as used on the standard brake bosses.
a) Have you (or any other user in the forum) experienced this as well? How to cure this?
b) Do you still have those AMP disc brakes as in pix #19 & 20? Hm, and which brake lever you would have to use to activate those brakes? Just the calipers without the levers would only do half of it...
Thanks for a feeback and keep the old spirit alive!

Hi EasyLife
I am restoring an AMP B3 ("british" racing green) with the F1 fork and some time correct parts as a Syncros Stem and Post, Onza Bar Ends, XT shifters and Avid Rim Brakes. However, the brake levers are currently causing an issue, since it seems that the brake bolts are not really matching the avid brake arms (i.e. the bosses are too long / the retainer spring of the brake arm is not long enough to get into one of those thiny 3 holes on the base of the brake boss). Furthermore, the F1 fork does not have any brake bosses at all and it seems that the "screw pattern" is not the standard one as used on the standard brake bosses.
a) Have you (or any other user in the forum) experienced this as well? How to cure this?
b) Do you still have those AMP disc brakes as in pix #19 & 20? Hm, and which brake lever you would have to use to activate those brakes? Just the calipers without the levers would only do half of it...
Thanks for a feeback and keep the old spirit alive!
Apologies Haro-Mike, I’ve been tied up with other stuff and haven’t seen your reply.

To respond to your questions:
A) no. You’d be best asking on the Amp Research Research thread or on the Ampoholics Facebook page.
B) I don’t understand the question. Are you after callipers? I run RockShox callipers and rotors on my Litespeed Obed FS on a White Industries hub with an RockShox specific sized rotor. I am using X-Lite chicken stix as levers as they suited my colour scheme of gold highlights against the titanium frame. Also got gold X-Lite wheel QR’s and gold crank bolts. Yellow walled Fire XC Pros look awesome now but much better once I order the replacement decals for the frame that are mostly the Litespeed yellow..
Cheers
James

Last edited:
Hi, I'm in need of a front caliper, bracket and a std brakewire complete for a B5 with twin shock.
Hi Jorgens, I have a caliper from your list. These are described as Items 19 or 20 in my first post. (Must put up a pic of them) one has an IS mount bracket so that may or may not be the right bracket depending on which forks you are planning on using. Which forks were you planning on using? Amp F3/4’s or forks with IS brake mounts?
Cheers
James

Apologies Haro-Mike, I’ve been tied up with other stuff and haven’t seen your reply.

To respond to your questions:
A) no. You’d be best asking on the Amp Research Research thread or on the Ampoholics Facebook page.
B) I don’t understand the question. Are you after callipers? I run RockShox callipers and rotors on my Litespeed Obed FS on a White Industries hub with an RockShox specific sized rotor. I am using X-Lite chicken stix as levers as they suited my colour scheme of gold highlights against the titanium frame. Also got gold X-Lite wheel QR’s and gold crank bolts. Yellow walled Fire XC Pros look awesome now but much better once I order the replacement decals for the frame that are mostly the Litespeed yellow..
Cheers
James
Ok. The pix show the rotors, the callipers and a hub. However, the brakelever is missing. And here comes my ignorance… are the callipers cable actuated (i e mechanical) disc brakes? if this is the case… then I would be fine since I already have a set of Avid levers… if this is the case…. then would you still have those calilipers and the rotors? best Michael

Hi Jorgens, I have a caliper from your list. These are described as Items 19 or 20 in my first post. (Must put up a pic of them) one has an IS mount bracket so that may or may not be the right bracket depending on which forks you are planning on using. Which forks were you planning on using? Amp F3/4’s or forks with IS brake mounts?
Cheers
James
Hi, sorry, I'm a newbie to these bikes- I want to use the original twin shock fork with the carbon tubes if that is enough info?

Cheers
Jørgen.

Apologies Jorgens, I have a manic professional life and a busy family life. Sometimes I can respond quickly and sometimes I can't..

I've amended my first post in thie thread to give an overview of what you will need if you are running AMP or RockShox calipers. This should answer your questions about what you need.

I've got yourself and Haro-Mike before you interested in calipers for your bikes. I have calipers, but not the mounts for an AMP fork. See below paragraph...

I am in the process of trying to find a business near me (middle of england) who can 3D scan, or whatever they can do to copy my front and rear mounts so that I can they share those CAD files with anyone who wants them so you can get their front or rear mounts made up by an engineering / CNC company local to you wherever you are. The first place I enquired with quoted me £300++ for this service. I declined politely. This may take me a month or two as summer holidays are a few weeks away and I need to find a business who will do this at a much lower cost and who can also sell you the mounts at a reasonable price. I'm happy to do this to give back to this online AMP community to enable us to run our bikes with original spec disc brakes.

Hope this helps.

James

So, if available, I'll have the caliper. I'm a machinist, so the bracket I can do myself. How do we settle payment & shipping? Thanks!

Back