The Voodoo Who Do What You Don’t Dare Do People

Wow, that looks great.
The only thing I'm wondering, how to ride this bike and grabbing at the hoods or in the hooks 😟
You may need an anatomy like an long arm monkey.
Although the stem looks very nice, for riding or being able to use the brake levers at all, a shorter might make more sense.

It’s actually quite short in the top tube, so a 135mm stem should give a comfortable position, pretty racy in the drops and more upright on the flats and bar ends. I’m not a roadie, so won’t be riding the hoods. I’ll see how my back feels after a few test miles.

I would be so tempted to put on a pair of Sammy Slicks in the old 35C width. There may be something equiv.
more modern. The braking power with full on road slicks is definitely a case of over bombing.

Flat bar for off-road. Riding on the hoods still looks like an option if you are in the saddle, but out of the saddle I guess you are supposed to
use the ski bar ends for climbing if you are that sort of rider. On the flat, using the bar ends at the front looks an option too - like triathlon bars.

Diving in the hooks for descending on terrain which isn't technical is a great option to have. It's all pretty nifty and weird-ass, and looks
perfectly designed for those long straight fire roads they have over the pond. A real pre-cursor to Gravel bikes.

I guess the set-up is much more orientated towards off-road since your gear shifters will be on the flat bar portion right?

Back