the unofficially cool MTB drop bar thread

benseddon":2svi7o1x said:
After much thought I've decided I'm going to stick some drop bars on my diamondback ascent.

Got to get a house move out of the way first and then it's game on.

Pics when you do.

And what year is your Ascent from?

Apparently its a 1990. I was lead to believe it was a 1994 but have been told due to forks and paintscheme it's a 1990.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=283785

Hit list is some 25.4mm bars, triple road front derailleur and shimano a073 shifters. Hoping its going to be as simple as that.....but you never know.

benseddon":3575olsb said:
Apparently its a 1990. I was lead to believe it was a 1994 but have been told due to forks and paintscheme it's a 1990.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=283785

Hit list is some 25.4mm bars, triple road front derailleur and shimano a073 shifters. Hoping its going to be as simple as that.....but you never know.

Ah, yes, I remember the thread, now - 90 it is.

The frame decal will have the tubing as Tange, yes? 89 and it'd have straight blade forks, and 91 would have different paintjob and the forks would look a bit different.

I'll have to check that tomorrow. Right now it's chuckling it down outside and the bike is under its cover. Where would i find the frame decal?

benseddon":1pxhave4 said:
I'll have to check that tomorrow. Right now it's chuckling it down outside and the bike is under its cover. Where would i find the frame decal?

I'd expect it on the seat-tube, towards the top of it.

Bike prepped for this weekends World CX Championships - in the oft-strange company of Edwards; The Wizard of Odd and his Fen-dweller outrider. Not sure it's UCI-legit, but hey-ho...

Attachments

• MonsterDale WCX Edition.jpg
    MonsterDale WCX Edition.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 466
^

Nice, I always think a drop set-up suits the larger Cannondale frames

Remember to offset the steering a little to the left to allow for the aero effect of that flask.

Back