The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

Thanks for the reply! Working for Kodak ? Man!! Must’ve been a good experience and thanks again for the memories!
Posting films is a nuisance - hence me being upset when my local lab closed. Now I wait with baited breath!
Kodak Ektachrome e100vs was my favorite film. It’s been discontinued a while now but I have two precious rolls in the freezer! Kodak did re release Ektachrome e100 a few years ago and I like that a lot, I prefer it to the Fujichromes.
I recently bought two rolls of the motion picture stock a few examples of which I posted above. Many people are using kodaks motion picture colour negative film too.
It’s sad to see the demise of Kodak. Though they released some of the first full frame digital cameras and also made some cracking compact digital cameras (I’ve had a couple) they should’ve done what Fuji did but totally messed up - and as you said and confirmed - by the directors.
A Rollei 35! I’ve never used nor handled one but the higher end ones look like jewels. Beautiful things. Sad to see that Rollei are no more - after the demise of Rollei their tooling and factory was taken over by a management and employee buyout who were producing hand made Rolleiflex and Rollei 35 up until 2018 - the website is still up and you can see some of their cameras http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/ now sadly all gone and sold off.
Here’s one of their Rolleiflex cameras and their Rollei 35’s
View attachment 731070
View attachment 731069
Talking of hard drive failure - I just backed up my stuff onto another external drive. I tend to make two back ups of digital photos just in case. Luckily with film we have hard copies !!
Yes the 35's were jewel like and capable of high quality. I Didn't know about the buyout and by the looks
of it, they did it well. It was the first camera that I had capable of taking pictures without people noticing. Perfect for those impromptu shots.

Back