The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

That’s a nice good feeling side story to it.
there were many such places for Christian worship that are kept open and tended to by the public of North Cyprus. I started visiting in 03 and in 04 the South started to allow people to venture into the North. Met quite a few in remote places looking for their old homes etc most were surprised to find things had mostly been looked after.
In 03 cars and busses were mostly pre 73 models, just a few newer models that came over from Turkey or settlers from around Europe etc Funniest was a Morris with wings missing along with the bonnet, stuck in 3rd gear. But it moved, so they used it, even with it belching out black smoke.

there were many such places for Christian worship that are kept open and tended to by the public of North Cyprus. I started visiting in 03 and in 04 the South started to allow people to venture into the North. Met quite a few in remote places looking for their old homes etc most were surprised to find things had mostly been looked after.
In 03 cars and busses were mostly pre 73 models, just a few newer models that came over from Turkey or settlers from around Europe etc Funniest was a Morris with wings missing along with the bonnet, stuck in 3rd gear. But it moved, so they used it, even with it belching out black smoke.
Fascinating! I guess the north is less touristy and thus nicer to explore ?

A very early morning drive out to the Karpaz to see the wild Donkeys before they hid from the hot sun.
PICT0314.JPG PICT0315.JPG the Alpha male Donkey kept an eye on me while the rest went over the hill to shelter in the scrub. PICT0319.JPG

Back