The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

I pretty much gave up with taking pics at gigs 'cos they always came out grainy and if you're working people can get pretty stroppy if you start doing things you're not paid to do .

I pretty much gave up with taking pics at gigs 'cos they always came out grainy and if you're working people can get pretty stroppy if you start doing things you're not paid to do .
totally understand! try some test shots at home in the same sort of light level as a Gig with some props as a subject
try 1600 3200 and 6400 then view on the computer to see how clean and sharp

For some extra control play around with the Spot Meter combined with the Exposure Lock button.

totally understand! try some test shots at home in the same sort of light level as a Gig with some props as a subject
try 1600 3200 and 6400 then view on the computer to see how clean and sharp

For some extra control play around with the Spot Meter combined with the Exposure Lock button.
Unfortunately I no longer work , in any real sense ! But the camera has come back into use and I need to learn how to use it in more conditions to broaden my abilities. So all information is useful and greatly appreciated , thanks man .

Unfortunately I no longer work , in any real sense ! But the camera has come back into use and I need to learn how to use it in more conditions to broaden my abilities. So all information is useful and greatly appreciated , thanks man .
I always found ken rockwell to be very helpful

For anyone who has just got into photography
I have the first edition of this “understanding exposure” by Bryan Peterson - the best book to teach yourself photography ever.
This is the latest version and judging by the reviews he’s as brilliant as he was in the first edition

IMG_1572.png

Back