The ultimate Q car?

Dr S":2pv3g0dj said:
Ah, now then- that's the E28 5 series.
The best car BMW ever made and after recalling all that I want it back.

I used to race sailing dinghies with a guy who owned one. I'll never forget him wasting a jumped-up RS Turbo at the lights while pulling 15ft of boat on the trailer.

The trailer itself was a work of art with ZR rated trailer tyres!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

My old Civic Aeodeck VTi estate was quite fun.

A short ratio Torsen LSD gearbox from the ITR, well set up suspension (springs and dampers, upgraded rear ARB), and properly sorted engine breathing gave me a car that would rolling start pull neck and neck with a std Scooby (obviously not off the line, as FWD), and live with it through the twisties.

Have got video from Donny of an ITR and Audi Quattro aftermarket short sport conversion trying their best to catch me for a good little while.

I got some OEM teardrop alloys for it after this too, so it really did look like a grandad wagon :)

P9110082.jpg

re: Saab.

I had almost 300hk in my 88" 900 Aero it was bloody fast!

my dad has one of theese, it's fast, comfortable and in sweden, really a great bang for small bucks! 250hk in standard Aero and around 300hk in Hirsch clothes. Ours has some of the Hirsch stuff but not the engine mods. It's going to get a bit faster next year with some aftermarket chipping.

Attachments

• hirsch1.jpg
    hirsch1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,234
retrojon":1ljwbq6j said:
With today's hot hatches around 250bhp, the sleeper wardrobes of the '90s are now struggling!

Yeah but, they're full of wasteful electrics, computer nonsense, and tons of EU directive sound deadening! Give me 140 Bhp in a car that doesn't weigh more than a ton, and you can drive it without it feeling like a bloody nintendo!

Think above rant is slightly off topic :oops: .

Nice car Dr S, don't think it's quite a Q car though, even at standard it'll destroy most cars on the road!

Q car = Nissan Micra with Pulsar GTIR engine? Yaris with celica engine?
Renault Espace with F1 engine? Hillman Imp with Yammy R1? etc

I used to have a 1959 Mercedes 220s sedan that I shoehorned a 327 Chevy small block with 360 horsepower and a 2 speed powerglide tranny into. Aside from taller and fatter 15 inch wheels and dual exhausts it looked stock. At the local drags at Sears Point Raceway it ran in the low 12's at around 110 mph-not bad for the hard compound street tires I ran on it at the time. Pat

The coolest part of driving that old Benz was blowing the doors off of high profile "fast" cars, ala the time on the freeway coming back from the classic car races at Sears Point Raceway, going up a grade when two guys in the fast lane came up from behind in a 300SL roadster. They slowed down, gave me the thumbs up and punched it- which is when I punched it and left them in the dust. I'm sure they must have gone to their mechanic and asked him what was wrong with their car, as an old sedan had blown them off!

Back