The ultimate Q car?

"build the fastest mini ever"

what are his parameters ?

keep the A series ?

factory spec shell ?

if he hasnt already he might get a good read out of the kimini site

With today's hot hatches around 250bhp, the sleeper wardrobes of the '90s are now struggling!

So with that Monaro, is there an air/water intercooler squeezed in somewhere?

Defiant":18ae7vqe said:
legrandefromage":18ae7vqe said:
I'll add the Merc 190 2.3/ 2.5 16v jobbies aswell as these Cosworth badged cars were almost as quick as a 500 SEC or a 560 SEC.

My personal almost 'Q' type was my 1989 560 SEL - the Merc badge at the front was like a gun sight, anything I chose to overtake was lined up, the button under the acclerator pedal was engaged and all hell broke loose as nearly 300 BHP decided it would just go through 1 back wheel.

Didn't the 190 have the big wing?,..or was that just the EVO?

now when we are talking EVO's,... ;)

Just the Evo 2.5 had the big wing !!! Rare as hens teeth and worth far too much money nowadays !!!

Got a friend with a shitbox sierra sapphire LX with a 4.6 V8 fitted and Welland supercharger to boot !!! Made mincemeat of my 911 Carrera S at the lights but once we were up to 150MPH panels looked as though they were about to strip from his bodywork !!

Still... We talk back about that drag sometimes and so wished somebody behind was recording it !!! Must have looked pretty laughable watching the shed trounce the Porka !!! :LOL: :LOL:

For Q cars, the Saph Cossie holds good memories. Along with Legacy Turbo estates (the best rally chase car), early Imprezas (before every chav in the UK bought one).

The Monaro isn't really a Q car. It may be way, way quicker than you would expect it to be, but it still looks fairly quick as standard. It's be like saying a 800hp Skyline with standard bodywork and wheels is a sleeper, it's not really.

I bet that Monaro doesn't sound standard :cool:

Pal of min had a grotbox Rover 400 with a Caterham 340R K-series fitted.

He even kept the interior, bonnet with small rust hole and stock Rover wheel trims...

However for me the original BMW M5 has to be it...when they first appeared nobody knew what they were and they came in a with or without body kit option.

Ah, now then- that's the E28 5 series. The bodykitted option was the M535i-you could have it with or without. They were quick but the one to have was the M5- this had no body kit, just very small wheelarch spats that were body colour, a descreet front bib and a small spoiler on the back. It had the 24 valve 286 bhp engine from the M1 supercar and group 5 Le Mans racer with a notchy 5 speed dogleg Gartrac box. An absolute beauty of a Q car, looked like grandads 5 but made Cosworth Sierras look stupid at the lights. My M5 was Henna red- the orangy one with 17" Alpina wheels. It had 379,000 miles on the clock when I sold it and was still as new, I put 220,000 of that on there and with nothing more than regular oil changes and rear tyres!
The best car BMW ever made and after recalling all that I want it back.

Saab 9000 2.3t :D Very unassuming and looks just like the sluggish 2.0 non-turbo versions (which are very slow), but mine is very quick 220bhp+.

Back