The Rarest of rare?

Not really mtb specific but some "tenuous" links

I have a Foes Racing BMX pro xl frame that is brushed ali!!...stunning..as soon as i find a set of marizochi sinisters (well two as i want a set for my intense sabot 1st) and a polished set of race face turbines I will start the build!!

In my dads loft I have a palmer snowboard, which has a TLD paint job it's got a huge Specialized S on the bottom and a load of caddy airbrushed bits on it!! it also has a few other sponsors sprayed on too Im not sure of its origin I thought it was a special edition, but I have done research in the interweb and never seen anything like it! its was brought in march 1999 in Boluder..i have never used it as it is so pretty!!

The only proper MTB thing that I personaly would class as rare, is a Hutchenson Coyote tyre that has never been used!! good I loved those tyres!! im sure someone will be along shortly saying you can buy them in wiggel for 99p

lush depends on personal preference. However it's certainly not that rare. According to the Google image search I just did, there's quite a few of them out there.

Perhaps not the rarest, but I've had my eye out for a Lotus carbon frame for a few years now - I've no idea how many were actually made?

7602215924_927151f99b_z.jpg

Raging_Bulls":1aamm2bt said:
lush depends on personal preference. However it's certainly not that rare. According to the Google image search I just did, there's quite a few of them out there.

Yes, there are more Mantis Flying V's, but not in this color! This is the only one on this planet! In this color :)

Probably my MOOTS YBB from 93. Strange that mine'a a 1 1/8" headtube size while others were 1" from what I've researched. Damn good ride!

Not really that rare or valuable I guess, but definitely sought-after, by me at least :)

5E0DD557-280D-41C6-9C89-3A5BD90E3B0C.jpeg

One of these (google pic) was the first MTB upgrade I ever bought, back when the original on my Montage gave up the ghost. The bike shop had plenty of sensible budget mechs, but I figured I should buy one that would still look good when I'd finished 'tricking out' my steed :oops: :LOL:

Sure enough, several years down the line, when the stickered-up and abused Montage was thrown in the shed, and I finally bought a shiny new P7 frame and several £££s worth of CNC'd bits, the same XCE rear mech got bolted on, and continued to perform faultlessly with brand new shifters and 2 more gears than it was intended for. I really, really wish that when I sold the Orange, I'd swapped this and kept it..... actually, no, I really, really wish I hadn't sold the Orange :cry:

I'd dearly love to get another for my retro build, but they don't seem to come up on eBay much - I'm fairly sure they only made that design for 2 years anyway. Oh well. Apologies for the silly trip down memory lane. Have a pic of a Dawes Kudos for true rarity value :D

Dawes1800.jpg

Back